Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone - 1/2/17

18 minutes ago, Duszek said:

How many Cup semis have we been in in the last 40 years? Can only think of two, 1979 and 2002, both against Rangers in the Scottish Cup... which is shockingly shit.

Think I've been to at least 10 since 1989, most have been shit!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Duszek said:

How many Cup semis have we been in in the last 40 years? Can only think of two, 1979 and 2002, both against Rangers in the Scottish Cup... which is shockingly shit.

Aberdeen the year before the first Rangers one. Only other since 1971 was a LC defeat to Celtic in 1975.

Last time we even made the QFs of the Scottish was 2008 (the Damon Gray game) so nearly a decade since that

St Johnstone have been to double figures amount of semi finals (or better) in the same timeframe.

I think home league win, goalscoring debut for our new striker, whenever we sign him and get beat in the cup game. Not even that bothered about the cup, hard to get excited about playing the same teams in a different tournament again. 

I'd love top six more than a cup run actually, was at Dingwall last year when we just missed out and that was a sore one to take. 

Cup for me 100%, top 6 makes absolutely no odds to me other than if the league is as close as it was last year from 6th-12th then finishing 6th after 33 games excludes you from a relegation battle for the last 5 games whereas you might be in 7th on the same points as 6th but with a worse GD and right in the shit for the last 5.

Even getting to a semi-final and having a day out at Hampden or other neutral venue would be something.

Last year in the last 16 we got Dundee United, won the two league games vs them either side of the cup game, lost the cup game.

Year before in the last 16 we got Inverness, won the two league games either side of the cup game, lost the cup game.

At least if we play St Johnstone again this season we’ll be top 6…

22 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Aberdeen the year before the first Rangers one. Only other since 1971 was a LC defeat to Celtic in 1975.

Last time we even made the QFs of the Scottish was 2008 (the Damon Gray game) so nearly a decade since that

St Johnstone have been to double figures amount of semi finals (or better) in the same timeframe.

Didn't we make the LC semis early 80s and go out to Celtic over two legs?  Rings a bell.  

Archived