Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone - 1/2/17

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, but you seem to be suggesting not wanting to score a second is a lack of ambition to catch the teams above us, which is moronic.

We can only gain more points than them, so winning more games is more important than goals. Understanding we're worse going forward than these clubs isn't a lack of ambition

I think it is a lack of ambition on your club's part to think that you cannot secure a goal difference well into double-digits.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is a lack of ambition on your club's part to think that you cannot secure a goal difference well into double-digits.

How? Our attack is relatively shite, acknowledging that as a weakness and working around it as best you can to win as many games as you can is surely the opposite of a lack of ambition?

Or is ambition blindly playing a certain way regardless of your strengths and weaknesses?

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How? Our attack is relatively shite, acknowledging that as a weakness and working around it as best you can to win as many games as you can is surely the opposite of a lack of ambition?

Or is ambition blindly playing a certain way regardless of your strengths and weaknesses?

I don't think your attack is shite. And I think a shite attack should still be creating chances when their opponents are as shite as we are and chasing a game.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Swanson,(in the mood and fit), is not shite.

Macca is a legend. Arguably our best player all round.

Cummins is acceptable for this level bordering on decent.

Kane is meh............( Stan incoming............)

Coulson is shit though.

We also lost/drew(?) a game against a pish Barry Smith Dundee side by pissing about in the last minutes instead of running the clock down which might explain the mind set a bit.

That and Macca is a bit of a c*nt.

Was actually a John Brown Dundee side, his first game in charge in fact. Lomas should have been sacked on the spot.

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Was actually a John Brown Dundee side, his first game in charge in fact. Lomas should have been sacked on the spot.

Thought Lomas had his first game against Rangers (rip).

The cup thread is going to be a screamer. 

Thistle fans seething at St Johnstone for winning 'ugly', St Johnstone fans seething at Thistle fans for pointing out that their team aren't very entertaining to watch.

Glorious stuff.

5 hours ago, thistledo said:

Genuine question to Saints fans on here, is that the kind of football you's play most weeks and do you genuinely find it enjoyable? *Not a wind up*

We have been know to play like that more than once.  It can be  tough to watch sometimes, but when I am sitting having a cold beer with 1000 other Saints fans in  a place like Lucerne, or in Turkey or Norway or Armenia or Slovakia or Belarus, I think back and not one phuck is given about how shit it was watching us grind our way to yet another  European adventure.. Pretty much felt the same as that when Dave McKay held the Scottish cup aloft..

We have been know to play like that more than once.  It can be  tough to watch sometimes, but when I am sitting having a cold beer with 1000 other Saints fans in  a place like Lucerne, or in Turkey or Norway or Armenia or Slovakia or Belarus, I think back and not one phuck is given about how shit it was watching us grind our way to yet another  European adventure.. Pretty much felt the same as that when Dave McKay held the Scottish cup aloft..

Fair point. Can't argue with this.

And this thread should have ended 3 pages ago.

[emoji85]

21 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Barossa bus attached with an air rifle last night? That's very extreme. Surely nothing to do with Thistle fans you'd hope.

Looked like a large rock to me? And to be fair, I was  quite close to the action.. In fact I was about  3 inches away from the windae..  Who is saying an air rifle???   

Just seen the story in the Courier..  I still think it was a rock and it was inches fae my head.. It never went right through the window. One would assume had it been a  slug, it would have  came right through.     I love this line      "I thought it was a stone but when I had a look I realised it was an air rifle or worse.”   WORSE???  like what, a fucking shotgun, a magnum??   lolololo

5 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

No denying the tactic worked, but I'd like to see a league where the mentality of clubs across the board, but especially in the position St Johnstone are in would be "let's get that second goal, it might help us pip the Glasgow Protestants, the Edinburgh Protestants or the Infamous to a higher league position."

5 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

It's negative thinking like that that explains why Scotland might as well have a 4-team top-tier and then an 8-team league below it.

Really?

I suggest you go and take a look at the league table. Or how about last season's? Or maybe any of the final league tables for Scotlands top league over the past 5-6 seasons.  We do stand up to hearts. To rangers. To Aberdeen. 

If you average out final league positions over that period I think you'll find we're third in Scotland.  So don't be dragging us into your 4 team-8 team pish.. we're closer to the clubs in 2nd-4th than those below us.

Its clubs like Thistle, killie and Dundee who make it hard for us but roll over and let the bigger clubs shite in their mooths, that make it harder for us to maintain our rightful place in European football.

I can't say I've been particularly entertained by Thistle in our last three league games. Even the wins over Dundee and Ross County around Christmas were dug out to a degree. Our performances at Firhill leave a lot to be desired this season, as the home league table bears out.

Archived