Sign in to follow this  
The Real Saints

Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone - 1/2/17

Shortly after the transfer window has closed, this is a big opportunity to strengthen our top 4 credentials following a morale-boosting win against Hamilton. It's always a struggle against Partick Thistle. 

Clark

Foster  Anderson  Shaughnessy  Easton

O'Halloran  Millar  Davidson  Swanson

May  MacLean

Perhaps a bit harsh on Blair Alston who has been performing well.

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Shortly after the transfer window has closed, this is a big opportunity to strengthen our top 4 credentials following a morale-boosting win against Hamilton. It's always a struggle against Partick Thistle. 

Clark

May  MacLean

:(

31 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Clark

May  MacLean

It really isn't you know. Only this season and last maybe. Before that the converse was true.

Hoping we can turn up down there and begin to redress the balance and gain/regain (?) some of the embarrassing points we've lost at home.

12 hours ago, andrewh said:

It really isn't you know. Only this season and last maybe. Before that the converse was true.

Hoping we can turn up down there and begin to redress the balance and gain/regain (?) some of the embarrassing points we've lost at home.

So it IS a bit of a struggle then?

11 minutes ago, bad chad said:

So it IS a bit of a struggle then?

Check the results history. It used to be really easy, and fairly recently too. We have fallen far from the lofty heights of regular 4-0 4-1 wins.

12 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Check the results history. It used to be really easy, and fairly recently too. We have fallen far from the lofty heights of regular 4-0 4-1 wins.

So, yet again, it is a struggle. Cheers for clarifying.

This not the third season on the bounce we've had to play Saints midweek in winter? Dragged my girlfriend to the one last year and we broke up a couple of months later. f**k you Saints.

I can see this being a struggle for Saints. Away from home against a top 6 outfit? Spells one word to me - struggle.

Stronger available lineup for this one, with Osman and Devine back from suspension.

We seem to have patched the 3-5-2, so Osman replacing either Welsh or Edwards and keeping the same structure seems likely. I'd guess we'll keep Barton in midfield now that Lindsay is fit, Devine is available and we've signed Keown.

Possibly Devine back in for Keown at CB, as well? Tough call considering Lindsay and Keown just kept a clean sheet together but it's what I think Archie will go with.

I can see this being a struggle for Saints. Away from home against a top 6 outfit? Spells one word to me - struggle.

I'm actually fairly certain we're one of the best sides in the league going away to a top half side, tbh.

Last time we lost an away game in the league, against Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts was the first game of 2015/16. I believe.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm actually fairly certain we're one of the best sides in the league going away to a top half side, tbh.

Last time we lost an away game in the league, against Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts was the first game of 2015/16. I believe.

But have you won away from home against a top 6 PTFC? 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Has there ever been a top 6 PTFC?

Yes.