Robert Snodgrass

King Kebab

There wasn't they were guaranteed second

Not sure that's right.

ETA: okay, just checked. Croatia were in danger of finishing as worst second place team (and missing out) but not by the time of the last fixture at Hampden. Strange, I was sure there was a fair amount of emphasis put on the fact it wasn't a dead rubber at the time.

21 hours ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Decent player at club level but completely out his depth against internationalists. Game v England proved that, and they are one of the weakest teams.

Can't get my head round this. Snodgrass plays against internationalists week in week out in the EPL. Including the ones in that England team...

i think people are over exaggerating his performances for hull, given how utterly dugshit hull were, it wouldnt have been hard to look a standout in that team, especially taking all set pieces as well

It wouldn't have been hard to look a standout in a dugshit team? Makes total sense aye

• 1 month later...
Poor game for him tonight and as I thought not sure if this move might be a step too far

Don't think tonight was the game to judge Snodgrass. Not just up against top of the league Chelsea, but playing in the areas occupied by the utter nuisance that is Kante.

West Ham are totally inconsistent, but they do have a few decent players and should pick up a few points against teams near and below them. It's in games like these I think Snodgrass will do alright.

i think people are over exaggerating his performances for hull, given how utterly dugshit hull were, it wouldnt have been hard to look a standout in that team, especially taking all set pieces as well

You obviously dont have a clue...it is more difficult to be a stick ouy in a dugshit team than it is to be s stick out in a ream doing well. Also, did it never occur to you that he takes all the free kicks because he is good at them.

Think it could just be you that doesn't have a clue here.
If the team around you are playing to a high standard then you will have to push yourself harder than normal to surpass that. If the team are underperforming then you could play at an average level and still be a stand out relative to your teams performance.

10 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Poor game for him tonight and as I thought not sure if this move might be a step too far

Were you not claiming that when he moved he'd be lucky to get a start for West Ham?

A month on, he's starting every week, West Ham are doing fairly well and he's played an important part in their results. Then he comes up against the Juggernaut of Chelsea and, shock-horror, struggles, so suddenly he's not West Ham class? Behave yourself.

10 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

A "step too far" to play at exactly the level he was playing at before for a team who are barely better than the one he left?

I only watched the first half last night but he put in a few cracking crosses from the left and beat his man a few times despite his lack of pace. Mind him putting in a dangerous in swinging corner tae.

Think it could just be you that doesn't have a clue here.
If the team around you are playing to a high standard then you will have to push yourself harder than normal to surpass that. If the team are underperforming then you could play at an average level and still be a stand out relative to your teams performance.

You do realise you are talking absolute nonsense...ask any player at any level and they will tell you it is more difficult to play well in a team that is struggling.

13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

West Ham are totally inconsistent, but they do have a few decent players and should pick up a few points against teams near and below them. It's in games like these I think Snodgrass will do alright.

I'd say West Ham are consistent. They've only beaten Southampton above them, but have won 8/12 against teams below them. Give them a decent run of fixtures against those sides and we'll start to see some good performances from Snodgrass. Caroll being back is a boost as well.

3 hours ago, conley said:

You do realise you are talking absolute nonsense...ask any player at any level and they will tell you it is more difficult to play well in a team that is struggling.

This.  I don't see how it could even be a matter for debate.  How can any player shine when their teammates can't find them with a pass, or won't get into position to receive a pass or cross, or aren't in place to provide support during a break, or shin a one-two out for a shy, or are always offside so can't play a through ball to them?

4 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

This.  I don't see how it could even be a matter for debate.  How can any player shine when their teammates can't find them with a pass, or won't get into position to receive a pass or cross, or aren't in place to provide support during a break, or shin a one-two out for a shy, or are always offside so can't play a through ball to them?

In the same way, people who don't rate Barrie McKay will realise just how good he is when he moves to a decent team.

people are the same about Darren Fletcher, especially when he was younger, it was felt just because he was, at the time, a Man U Player that he was some sort of Ronaldo when he just wasn't that type of player, he would and still does make passes that some Scotland players just are not on the same wavelength.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDB69

As I thought would happen West Ham fans don't think he is good enough for their team and have thought his performances not good enough.

Doesn't make it right but the further you go up the league scottish players do tend to come in for criticism much quicker

28 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

As I thought would happen West Ham fans don't think he is good enough for their team and have thought his performances not good enough.

Doesn't make it right but the further you go up the league scottish players do tend to come in for criticism much quicker

West Ham tend to be a bit delusional about their place in English football. That said, he hasn't contributed anywhere near as much as he did for Hull. Hopefully just needs a sustained period of games to bed in.