Stenhousemuir v airdrieonians

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely sure if this signing is what we need. Could be just another in a succession of panic buys where we end up with a slow lumbering centre half who causes more chaos than he solves.
Or it could turn out to be exactly what we need and he brings some calm organisation to the defence. Time will tell.

Utterly, utterly, utterly not good enough. The current setup with a ridiculously inexperienced head coach and an arrogant, absent director of football (or whatever his undeserved title is) is a shambles. Crap signings, not addressing flaws that even idiots like Cooper can see. Not doing the basics never mind the more advanced stuff. I hope they get it mercilessly at the Q and A because this is a shambles for a full time team in a part time league. Although no doubt Dalziel will have other commitments. Whatever wage he is being paid is too much and he should be first out the door.

That was fantastic. That was our best performance of the season by some distance and Carlos Mazana-Martinez's goal at the death was one of the best I've ever see at Ochilview. Everyone in maroon played well (perhaps with the exception of Colin McCabe in goal) and we bodied Airdrie over the course of the 90 minutes; their goals came from errors rather than their own ingenuity. I am absolutely delighted with today.

Shouts to Scott Stewart for turning in one of the worst displays I've ever seen from an opposition player in a long time.

4 going on 10 for the Mighty.

Airdrie were horse shit but make no mistake about it we bossed them all over the park. Airdrie looked like us under Booth trying to play a formation no one is comfortable with and guys out of their depth all over the park. Ryan is a class act but outwith that for a full time side it's full of dross like Kyle Hutton.

The right back was the worst player I have ever seen and I've seen some garbage over the years. Cookie made him look like a lost boy poor management through letting him suffer like that for so long anyone worth their salt would have had that addressed at half time.

That 4th goal though? Ridiculous stuff from the Spanish magician.

Marshy and Fraz heading bricks is always a pleasure as well we look solid at the back now and there seems a real understanding in the whole team now the team picks itself. Two silly goals from free kicks but that mob didn't look likely from open play.

They are 9 clear of us but could still get dragged into it if that was a sign of how they've been playing lately.

Great display today although McCabe did his best to keep Airdrie in the game. Surely Crawford comes in next week.  Cook had their defence of toast and anything other than a win would have been an injustice. With the exception of said keeper that was a very good display today and shows hope for the remaining games. Any result over a team that Russell is playing in is welcome.

Is their fullback still chasing shadows - someone tell him the game is over. Really poor decision that they did not sub him at half - time.

Wasn't at the game either, presumed Stewart was left back with the grief he's getting. Re-read the other posts, after a quick scan. I thought he was one of the few shining lights left in the squad.

Wotherspoon has a few big decisions to make before the window closes, I for one wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

Had a quick look at the Stomp too. Interesting analysis.

Stewart was right back and had his worst game in a long time. Cook had him on toast. Conroy did ok at left back, but we missed him in midfield. Mensing was solid enough, for once we didn't concede from defensive mistakes. Their first was a fluke, Cook had too much space for the second but managed to get it through a crowd which unsighted the keeper. 3 and 4 were decent breakaways.

14 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Had a quick look at the Stomp too. Interesting analysis.

Jesus! Haven't posted on the stomp for ages, used to be a few absolute rockets with some decent stuff mixed in. Looks like a mental asylum noticeboard now!

Fully deserved win today. But for McCabe's dodgy keeping we could easily have notched another 5+ today. His errors kept allowing Airdrie back in. Having said that, his tackle/save on Ryan arguably won us the match.

The threat we have from Willis and Cook is unlike any other team in the league. Centre mid Miller and Berry over ran the Airdrie midfield and the two centre halves have become a real good partnership. Keeping all these guys fit will determine how this season pans out.

Airdrie? Words fail me. They are only 9 points ahead of us...

And the poor right back. It wasn't just the fact Cook roasted him throughout the game, but the aimless hacks straight to our midfield. Hilarious.

This is a full time team and they are as bad as anything I've seen this season. They are on a real bad run. Looked well short of confidence with no threat other than Ryan. I remember the season Alloa dropped like a stone in the 2nd half of the season and eventually were relegated...

Wasn't at the game today so can't comment on the performance or goals we conceded but that's another terrible result whether we were down to 10 men or not. Wilson's record is worse than McBride who got punted. Can't see him lasting the season unless there is a big improvement and I can't see that with this squad of players. 

Before the game I had reservations about Sewart at right back against Cook and so it turned out. Stewart is not quick enough on the turn to be a full back in my opinion but the manager put him up against Cook who always plays a blinder against us - shame on Wilson for this!

Wiith regard to the others, Hutton continues to remind me of a shire horse at Hamilton races, dreadfully slow and cumbersom in an area that needs quickness of thought and actions.

Leitch had another poor game today but like a few others I feel that he suffers from the poor setup. It appears however that the whole team is disjointed without a clear plan of how to go about attacking the opposition unlike Stenny who new exactly how to get in about us.

Today showed us that Mensing can do a simple job for us but we need full backs quickly to allow someone like Conroy to go into midfield and create something. Take Hutton and Leitch on a poor day and this is what we can expect from a game.

Well done to Stenny, let me guess what Wilson will say in the post match interview?

Archived