Festivals 2017

MONKMAN

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiesta Fold tomorrow for me. Lineup is unreal.

Not sure if I’ll be able to cope all day in that heat, but I’m sure the tunes will be worth it until I pass out before Earth, Wind & Fire. As long as I get to see The Pointer Sisters, I’ll be happy.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Utterly bizarre decision. PCL have made an arse of it (again).

It's not my scene, but it seems to me that they've just lost their USP.  My guess is that it goes the way of T.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I see Electric Fields is relocating to a warehouse in Finnieston.  That's... not a good sign.

This is a shite move.

I've taken the family camping down to Drumlanrigg the last 3 years and had a ball. Loads of activities for the kids, a big adventure playpark and family campsite made for a very enjoyable weekend. It was about so much more than the bands, the lineup was never spectacular but the overall weekend more than made up for it.

Now you're stuck in SWG3, can't take a carry out or any food with you as no camping, can't really give the kids any freedom to roam. It is now fundamentally a different and shiter event.

I hear that they are only offering partial refunds to those already with tickets, which is absolutely pish. Glad we held off buying as there's no danger we would be going to this now.

A real shame as over the previous 3 years they were continually improving, listening to feedback and making it a brilliant festival. Unless they take it back to Drumlanrigg or a similar location next year I think this will be the last of it, if they don't actually go bust before the event with all the punters seeking refunds.

They changed the date this year, which I had initially found strange - week after Glastonbury, and the week before TRNSMT.

The latter, in particular would be EF’s biggest competitor as the only other “big” Scottish festival just now. and now they both offer a similar experience (city location, no camping)

Archived