Festivals 2017

MONKMAN

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stereophonics being about is interesting. Could be a shout for Festival No. 6 given they do like their Welsh acts. I reckon Elbow will turn up at Festival No. 6 as Guy Garvey has been a "friend of the festival" for a good while without ever playing a part.

Frightened Rabbit or Jesus and Mary Chain will probably round it out as there's always an Electric Fields act there, and it seems they'll be doing that as long as the new smaller Scottish one.

• 4 weeks later...

1k6jhi.jpg

I'm giving up trying to guess who this lot are going to pull out as headliners. Pleasantly surprised by the music lineup here, even if the Arts and Culture lineup could do with some padding out at this point. Usually it's the other way about.

• 2 months later...

Starting to get the shit together for Festival No 6 now. Got a train to Manchester bought. Next week going to get the bus to the festival site and then the next, I'll be getting my ticket for the festival itself.

Been saying I'd go back for a couple of years now so about time I got on with it. Portmeirion really is a lovely place.

I have Slam Dunk, Jera On Air, 2000 Trees and the Sunday at TRNSMT all booked for this summer. Absolutely love festival season. It's my first year in a while not going to Rock Am Ring and I'm a bit gutted as they've pulled out another great line-up.

Radiohead night at TRNSMT (although i'm probs just gonna bother with Radiohead and maybe Belle), Field Day for the third year running in June and Dimensions Festival in Croatia later on in the summer.

On 5/2/2017 at 13:02, NorthernLights said:

Just got a ticket for Damnation Festival in November.  Went to the 2014 and 2015 editions but didn't go last year which I regret.  

Last year's edition was jamming - great day. Would consider going again but need to see a bit more of the lineup.

Got the Radiohead night at TRNSMT as well actually. Slam Dunk looks great.

I went last year as well. The music is great however the queues were chaos last year. Thankfully I never missed anyone I was desperate to see but it was very poorly managed. Looks like they're attempting to fix it this year which is a step in the right direction.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:30, Consolidate said:

Last year's addition was jamming - great day. Would consider going again but need to see a bit more of the lineup.

Seven bands to be announced tomorrow night and that includes 4 headlining bands.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived