Uefa nations league

Bambino7

Look at the league/division C groups. In one lot, there's only one group of three. In the other version, there's two groups of three!
Even UEFA can't get it right; what chance do we have?
Looking forward to the boffins at the daily record and sportsound explaining it all...

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Look at the league/division C groups. In one lot, there's only one group of three. In the other version, there's two groups of three!
Even UEFA can't get it right; what chance do we have?
Looking forward to the boffins at the daily record and sportsound explaining it all...

Kosovo have joined UEFA since the first one was drawn up.

It's not like Turkey is the other side of the World, probably half of Britain have been there on holiday. I do think they'll probably give it to Germany though, given the humanitarian crisis on Turkey's doorstep and the fact that they'll be guaranteed to turn a good profit in Germany.

In fairness, England had a similarly horrible reputation when they were awarded Euro 96, but still put on an excellent tournament.

I just feel Turkey deserves something after bidding for the Euros and Olympics about a million times and never getting them!

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

In fairness, England had a similarly horrible reputation when they were awarded Euro 96, but still put on an excellent tournament.

I just feel Turkey deserves something after bidding for the Euros and Olympics about a million times and never getting them!

Give them the Olympics, its shit. There's scare stories before every tournament really, time will tell if the Russian ones are proved correct.

Russia does seem to be something else, tbh. Can't think of a tournament before where the Government, and domestic public opinion, seem on the side of the hooligans.

It was a clever ploy of Scotland's, making sure that we don't qualify.

Germany are obviously experienced hosts you can't really go wrong with, but for a new host nation, Turkey is one of the better choices. Good level of interest in football in the country judging by attendances, and some nice new grounds, even if a lot of them look pretty similar. There's an element of political risk there, of course, but I think they've got the infrastructure to host a big tournament.

Edited by Nightmare

I wouldn't be hosting anything in Turkey at the moment.

I'd be very surprised if Turkey won Euro 2024. With the vote next year, the domestic terrorism situation and ISIS along the southern border are unlikely to have entirely gone away; to that you can add the internal political situation, the failed coup and particularly the clamp-down on opposition parties, civil rights, freedom of the press etc.

They failed to win previous bids for Euros and Olympics with less of that in the background, and with various opponents - with only Germany up against them there can be no splitting of the vote and they face one of the safest pair of hands going... With the 3 preceding major tournaments having degrees of controversy / uncertainty in Russia, continent-wide Euros, and Qatar, you'd also think FAs might prefer a "sure thing".