Uefa nations league

Bambino7

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As someone who's sits and watches SSN, I disagree. 

Sky are just excited that finally an international tournament has been invented that they can broadcast, so they don't have to pretend it doesn't exist.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Guest DAVIDB69

Kane and Henderson not playing, as the manger doesn’t think they have recovered from saturday. Pretty sure van dyke will be fine for Netherlands .

Do think that is part of the problem where English premier league players are encouraged to be tired by managers

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, TheScarf said:
As someone said on here a couple of years ago - Messi can do it all he wants against Getafe and Magaluf United, but when it comes to the big stage, there's only one man who does the business year upon year.

He actually doesn't though, he gets them there & someone else does the job at the end. Over the last few years Bale & Casemiro have arguably been as important in Finals, like I said at the start, I still maintain that Ronaldo is arguably more effective but that does not mean he is bettrr overall. Quite disrespectful of other teams in La Liga to call them Magaluf Utd, sure Sevilla will be happy with that.

I doubt Sevilla are overly fussed by what someone has said on P&B tbh.

Guest DAVIDB69
Holland [emoji1179] 2/1, that’ll do me [emoji106]

Especially if you look at the alleged starting 11 for England

Go on then. Thought the Nations League was a horrible idea upon inception, and I still do, but if 'we' shitehouse our way to victory I will most certainly pretend to enjoy it.

Bus parade through Amsterdam?

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Hypothetically, if you were to swap Ronaldo and Messi's nationalities, would Ronaldo have won the World Cup with Argentina? Would Messi have won the Euros with Portugal?

Ronaldos contribution to winning the euros was minimum and no guarantee Argentina won the wc with him.  It's a team game and sometimes you need to play for the right team it's as simple as that.

4 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

You have to remember Messi has been in 4 international finals compared to Ronaldo’s 2. I find it hard to believe Ronaldo wouldn’t have won at least 1, but probably more, of those 4 finals that Messi didn’t.

I know it’s a team game, but Messi performances in international finals have been shocking.

Ronaldo wouldnt win any, it's a team game.  How many of messis finals have you watched?  Talk us through each one...

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As someone said on here a couple of years ago - Messi can do it all he wants against Getafe and Magaluf United, but when it comes to the big stage, there's only one man who does the business year upon year.

Why did Messi comfortably outscored Ronaldo in the biggest club game in the world when they were both involved?

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Dragged them through the group stage with an outrageous double against Hungary, set up Quaresma with a tap in in the last 16 in the last minute to win 1-0, scored the winning penalty in the quarters, dragged them through the semis and then managed them to victory in the final. 

Minimal. 

Dragged them through did he?  Talk us through it.  The only crunch game they won he wasn't even on the park.  The rest isn't Portugal punching above their weight, with or without him they're a quarter/semi side.  And scoring goals isn't the full story Ronaldo has become a poacher in the last five years, ally mccoist never dragged rangers through anything either.

for the tube talking about magaluf Utd btw, you realise last night's goals for Ronaldo we're against Switzerland yeah not Brazil?

Edited by Kuro

As for people who wrongly say things like Messi scoring against magaluf etc, the two teams he has scored.most against in his career are- 

Sevilla  (five times Europa league winners in that time)

Atletico Madrid (three times Europa league winners and twice Champion's league finalists in that time)

He is also the highest scorer in the history of el clasico, comfortably outscoring Ronaldo when they were both involved

Portugal beat Poland and Wales to get to the final and Ronaldo scored three goals all tournament (Griezmann got 6) and he wasn't even on the park when they won it.  His contribution was minimal, it's just about being in the right team sometimes.

Edited by Kuro

Guest DAVIDB69
Portugal beat Poland and Wales to get to the final and Ronaldo scored three goals all tournament (Griezmann got 6) and he wasn't even on the park when they won it.  His contribution was minimal, it's just about being in the right team sometimes.

He is very good at doing a lot in small periods of time these days , you probably don’t see him for about 3/4 of a game these days

Guest DAVIDB69

Dutch the better side so far , never really seen anything special in sancho, shudder to think how much he would cost for a premier league side