Uefa nations league

Bambino7

1 hour ago, Lex said:

England are a right good team now, no denying it. This is certainly the best they’ve ever been in my lifetime.

When you look at the way their youth teams are performing, the sheer amount of youngsters they’ve got coming through and how young their current first 11 is... The fear that they’re going to win something in the next 10 years is very real.

Hopefully still 'Hibs it' in tournaments though.

Sick of the fucking Jadon Sancho pieces in the media now though.

England are a right good team now, no denying it. This is certainly the best they’ve ever been in my lifetime.

When you look at the way their youth teams are performing, the sheer amount of youngsters they’ve got coming through and how young their current first 11 is... The fear that they’re going to win something in the next 10 years is very real.

Agreed, Southgate is a likeable guy also. Have some top top prospects. It's the commentary and the bias that pours out each one of their mouths i cant stand, looked good today and scoreline flattened Croatia in the end.

I have been an advocate of the Nations league since it was announced and saw it as a way of getting rid of the depressing boring meaningless friendlies and I think it has already shown that it can do that.

Delighted with England's display today and even though I know most of you don't like England (and why should you to be fair?), we actually have the foundations of a very competitive top international side who could be around for quite a while. The next Euros have a group in the UK and the semi final and final at Wembley which would make it effectively a home tournament could England make the semi finals.  If we did it would then be our third semi final in three years!!

I hope you beat Israel on Tuesday and get the backstop of a play off place for the Euros.

Edited by Roker Rover

Looks like Northern Ireland's bubble is well and truly burst.

This tournament has fulfilled its promise of providing tight competitive fixtures

Northern Ireland only share the distinction of finishing with Zero points with Iceland (Group A2) and San Marino (Group D2) although Lithuania (Group C4) will probably join them assuming they lose in Belgrade.

Belgium are 2-1 up against the Swiss in Lucerne and look like being the only ones to finish with a perfect record

19 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

It goes on head to head records.

ahhh right - so as it stands, the Belgians go through as they've scored twice in switzerland - gotcha - thanks !

If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the league phase, the following tie-breaking criteria are applied:[6]

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played among the teams in question;
  2. Superior goal difference in matches played among the teams in question;
  3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in question;
  4. Higher number of goals scored away from home in the matches played among the teams in question;
  5. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings.[note 1] If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 10 apply;

ETA - although having read that lot again criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question would suggest that H2H only applies after looking at the overall group stats, which have the swiss as higher scorers with a better goal difference 

:blink:

ETA2 - now confirmed (the H2H thing) by the commentators; i think they should decided it based on "best chocolate" mind, to avoid any confusion....

ETA3 - oh well just f**k it all now !

Edited by Herman Hessian

Thought the good peeps on this thread might be able to tell me if I've got something right or not.

If Finland lose tonight (they're 2-0 down), they'll have 6 points from the games not including the bottom team. Serbia have played all their games against the other top 3 teams and have 8 points. If we beat Israel we'll have 9 points... am i right in thinking that we'll have a home semi-final (probably against Finland) if we beat Israel?