Uefa nations league

Bambino7

Guest Moomintroll

Looked to be an elbow in there as well, and i say this as someone who despises Pickford as an utter chavvy effort who wouldn't even get close to being near an England squad historically. The over reactions from Luis Enrique especially right now are making me feel sad.

Guest Moomintroll

In my defence , I am somewhat drunk tonight, I reserve the right to claim that I was twattus majoricus as a result tomorrow. The overall feedback suggests that this is a foregone conclusion, oops.

Lolwut, are slide tackles illegal now? Pickford fucked up and recovered well, what are they going apeshit about?

[emoji23][emoji23] that was a penalty and red card all day long

About 15 mins after that the ref gave the exact same Thing as a foul against busquets pulled the player back before sliding in to get the ball your not allowed to pull people back so you can win the ball [emoji23]

England played great 1st half but have rode their luck big time in the 2nd

Guest Moomintroll

[emoji23][emoji23] that was a penalty and red card all day long

About 15 mins after that the ref gave the exact same Thing as a foul against busquets pulled the player back before sliding in to get the ball your not allowed to pull people back so you can win the ball [emoji23]

England played great 1st half but have rode their luck big time in the 2nd
I know, I already admitted I was a numbnut after watching it again.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

On a game related note, seems like Southgate is still hopeless naive and hellbent on playing up to the fanbase who reckon "England should attack everyone" at football. 
A midfield of Barkley, Winks and Dier will be hopelessly out their depth if Spain start a strong team.
See Spain start with Saul, Busquets and Thiago, they should run fucking rings around England unless the weather is a major leveller. 

🤦‍♂️

Just watched the highlights. It looks to me like England's first two goals are a direct result of really, really good tactics.

Enrique's Spain press high and all over the pitch, just like Barca - if you pause it before Pickford punts it for the first you'll see Spain are man-for-man in a 3-4-3 shape. But Kane drops off his marker into the space between midfield and defence, and takes the long ball from Pickford (who has the skill to make those passes). He then has time to turn and he's got a bewildered defender in front of him while Rashford and Sterling rip their markers a new one for pace on either side. After that it's just a matter of execution - find Rashford on the left, and he finds Sterling in the middle. Goal.

Second one, Pickford catches an easy shot and immediately launches long to Kane, bypassing a dozy Spanish attack that hasn't even started to form a press at this point. Kane's got two markers but he does a brilliant job of holding it up. All that's required then is, again, Rashford to outpace his marker (this time Castro Otto) which he does easily, and it's shooty-in. Goal.

The third is from shit defending, but presumably it's because too many Spanish players are too far up the pitch. They lose the ball in their own half and it's effectively 6 on 6. Nacho goes to sleep and Sterling gets the yard he needs. Goal.

England are clearly a limited team, but they look like one the manager is getting the very best out of. Two fast guys either side of Kane is a nightmare to defend against. He's using Sterling the way Man City do, with him arriving at the back post or in the middle for little more than a tap-in. His analysis of how to negate the strengths of opponents and exploit their weaknesses is bang on. He's a quiet guy but he's quickly won the loyalty of the team because his system obviously works.

Amazing what a decent manager can achieve at international level...

Toni Kroos has absolutely run the show for Germany against France. 

Terrifying how good Mbappe is, 19 years old and he's looking like the best attacker on the park. Ten years until he reaches what's regarded as a footballers peak.