Celtic v Hearts - Sun 29th Jan

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Feared a ritual horsing and so it happened. Was on the cards after insipid displays against Dons and Raith twice. Then again. both Sevco and Aberdeen have been thrashed by Celtic too this year IIRC. That's all the 'closest' challengers...

Season is a write off in terms of getting 2nd or 3rd place, it's just a testing ground now for next season under the new management. Hopefully we're not out of the cup too soon though but Cathro needs to get this team working as unit pronto,

Shame for Souttar. The last thing our weak defence needed.

Nah, not us. Not this year.

Absolutely nothing performance there. No pace, poor passing, terrible decision-making and the defence went to shit at the end. Celtic barely had to break out of walking pace.

In fairness, we are in a transitional period and it's arguable that the starting 11 was 5/6 players away from what it will be in a week or two (Struna, Djoum, Rherras to come back, Tziolis, Goncalves and a new CH to come in). I didn't expect anything different today. Whether it's wise to have made wholesale changes, halfway through a season, to a squad that had been doing pretty well for us is another matter, though. Big gamble by Cathro.

As for the new players, I was pleasantly surprised by Sowah who was reasonably solid (daft 90th minute penalty challenge notwithstanding) and kept the ball pretty well. Martin has divided opinion but, although he does seem not bad technically, I'm not sure that makes up for the obvious lack of strength or pace. Choulay played a fantastic ball through for Martin which was encouraging but he seems totally clueless defensively and his inability to track Tierney was probably a big part of the reason ended up losing as heavily as we did.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Feared a ritual horsing and so it happened. Was on the cards after insipid displays against Dons and Raith twice. Then again. both Sevco and Aberdeen have been thrashed by Celtic too this year IIRC.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nah, not us. Not this year.

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why the f**k have I bought a ticket for Wednesday night

Not yet, anyway.

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just recovered from reading Dom's post. Conveys it perfectly how we feel about this historic moment.
As HB says, the thunder is most definitely back and I for one could not be prouder.
Celbernian. Then. Now. Forever.

Stop it KDM or you'll set me off again. It really was a blessing to witness history today.

It may have been a cold Sunday in January but every time Celtic went forward I felt as if i was....... well it felt like I was in the heat of Lisbon.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Stop it KDM or you'll set me off again. It really was a blessing to witness history today.

It may have been a cold Sunday in January but every time Celtic went forward I felt as if i was....... well it felt like I was in the heat of Lisbon.

And Sevilla.  Just a shame Porto had a team of Jamie Walkers in that match :(

And Sevilla.  Just a shame Porto had a team of Jamie Walkers in that match [emoji20]

Aye they were disgraceful that night. Tinfoil hat on here but I'm sure we were cheated. I'm 100% sure I saw an envelop change hands between the officials and a Porto executive at the end of the match. Make of that what you will.

20 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Aye they were disgraceful that night. Tinfoil hat on here but I'm sure we were cheated. I'm 100% sure I saw an envelop change hands between the officials and a Porto executive at the end of the match. Make of that what you will.

Obviously it was no coincidence Capoucho turned up for Rangers (rip) and Jankauskas turned up for the poppy thieves (Kaunas loan obv). Still lost sweat in the night over that evening when King Henrik was unplayable.

Archived