Albion Rovers vs Alloa

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the first time I have seen Alloa this season and was quite impressed- they totally deserved their lead at half time although I don't know what happened with our keeper for their goal. It didn't look as if it took a deflection.

Hats off to Rovers for the second half could have snatched it but a draw was a fair result. Big Ross Stewart was my MoTM he certainly has something about him although still a bit raw. Our loanee certainly came into the game and although it's just one game (btw Robin Marwick as a point of principle would never award a MoTM to a debutant as he thought the player would get too uppity after this).

I don't know what happened with our keeper for their goal. It didn't look as if it took a deflection.

Big Ross Stewart was my MoTM he certainly has something about him although still a bit raw.

Would need to see the highlights to know what happened, a goalie shouldnt be beaten from that distance which makes me think it either took a deflection or he was unsighted.

He was the best player on the park for me yesterday.

19 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

He done pre season with Queens Park who were desperate to sign him. Think we done well

Annoyed we didn't sign him since none of our strikers score. Looked a decent player when youse played at hampden

It was another underwhelming performance from Alloa on Saturday. I don't think anyone reasonably expected us to maintain the early season form throughout, but neither should we have gone so far in the other direction. We're still 2nd, somehow, but although I hope I'm wrong I can't see us staying in the top 4 for much longer.

6 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Big Ross Stewart was my MoTM he certainly has something about him although still a bit raw. Our loanee certainly came into the game and although it's just one game (btw Robin Marwick as a point of principle would never award a MoTM to a debutant as he thought the player would get too uppity after this).

Robin was a wise old fox. Ross the striker was easily MotM, on football grounds, and I hope he's not feeling slighted. Theo was exciting and I hope there's lots more of that direct running at defenders. The Alloa back four didn't like it one bit.

Robin was a wise old fox. Ross the striker was easily MotM, on football grounds, and I hope he's not feeling slighted. Theo was exciting and I hope there's lots more of that direct running at defenders. The Alloa back four didn't like it one bit.

There was a definitely a bit of a buzz around the ground when Theo got the ball, particularly towards the end of the game, that's probably what swayed the sponsors decision when it came to choosing the man of the match. But for my money big Ross was the best player on the park yesterday, with an honourable mention for Kyle Turnbull as I mentioned previously.

2 own goals a deflection and a pen if I remember right?

I certainly remember waters free kick taking a big deflection and going in and an own goal.
Boy we had on loan from celtic scored a header but can't remember the other goal but something tells me it may have been a deflection as well..

Goodwin hit the nail on the head with his comments after the game, the draws are killing us. We have lost only 6 games this season, the same as Livi but find ourselves 11 points adrift and they still have a game in hand, we have only scored 7 less goals than Livi which would suggest we are not too far away. I didnt realise Livi hadn't drawn a League game this season but there lies the difference, they are managing to kill teams off whilst we are struggling to do this in games even when we have dominated throughout. Our current form is inconsistent, in my opinion Goodwin doesnt know his best eleven and is trying to put his mark on the team, i also think we miss his playing influence, at this level i think he still had a lot to offer, in saying that i still think we have a squad more than capable of finishing in the top four, we just need to be a bit more clinical.  

3 hours ago, Craigy said:

Goodwin doesnt know his best eleven and is trying to put his mark on the team, i also think we miss his playing influence, at this level i think he still had a lot to offer, in saying that i still think we have a squad more than capable of finishing in the top four, we just need to be a bit more clinical.  

Agree!

Archived