The Rovers v The Sons

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely the hearts replay cash and TV money would cover redundancy.
although after organising that nonsense he should do the honourable thing and walk.

He can't be made redundant. We still need a manager. Dismissal will all depend on the terms of his contract.

Consider the subs today. Stevenson, Skacel and Roberts. That's what we've become.

Seriously, anyone who would consider keeping Locke on need only look at his subs today. Our two worst players this season plus Ryan Stevenson who (much like Locke) literally everyone could tell was an atrocious signing. Those were who he turned to.

He actually took off Bobby Barr for Scott Roberts. I can't even fathom that. Roberts will be lucky if he's in senior football next season, and Barr has been our best attacking player.

An utterly appalling manager. 12 games without a win is unacceptable at any level. I'd sack him now, I appreciate the financial concerns but we're truly beyond hope now. A couple of ultimately futile good performances against Hearts doesn't change that.

I can't even see an argument for keeping him on that isn't financial. Drysdale has had a fucking howler, which wouldn't be so bad if everyone in the world hadn't seen it coming.

Absolutely no words to describe how pathetic the was today

If it was 5 or 6 couldn't have complained. Skacel and Stevenson are 2 of the biggest embarrassments to ever appear for our club.

No doubt the excuses will be (a) we were tired, (b) a comedown from Hearts matches, © bad luck, and (d) the weather.

Unless Locke and Jackson go we're going down. As for Drysdale, the man is a joke and has been involved in every single crisis surrounding the club in the past 20 years. Still it's all the fans fault isn't it?

I don't know much about specifics of football managers contracts but it might not be that we have to pay him the full value. It's more likely to be a compensation amount for breaching the terms and dismissing him early. That could be a matter of negotiation. Anyone any idea how much he's on?

What a fantastic and well-deserved win. And against 12 men too.

Just how Northcroft and his bumbling assistant can't get to the simple decision of 'foul' between them for the Rovers goal is atrocious and nothing short of embarrassing.

Anyway, I felt for the first half it was relatively even and we even had a couple of decent chances as well. Being behind at half time was massively down to atrocious officialdom, but to be fair it looked a well taken strike from whoever it was.

In the second half we were excellent. Well-taken goals, solid at the back, not panicking and above all making sure that we took the points.

I think pretty much everyone played well today, but for me Andy Stirling was the stand-out. He gave the Rovers defence a torrid time with no let up. His booking was obviously another display of horrific refereeing, even the Raith fans around us when we were leaving were saying it was a penalty. Crazy decision. Why would Stirling go down if it wasn't a foul? To avoid scoring a goal when one-on-one with the goalkeeper having skinned a defender? Baffling.

I thought Robert Thomson did well today. Shunted out wide in a position he's clearly not comfortable in, he gave it everything and was an able grafter there. Then when tasked with making a nuisance of himself up top once the Prince departed, he did exactly that and didn't let Rovers' defenders settle on the ball to start an attack. Well Done to the big man.

A well deserved win and well done to the lads and the management. St. Mirren getting beat as well and Ayr losing as I type means it's been a very good day for us Sons.[emoji106]????

12 men ? ha your having a laugh 12 boys maybe . I think it was pretty obvious that we went for Locke as he was one of the cheap options so sacking him shouldn't

be too difficult but sadly the board are a bunch of gutless and clueless wankers and we are stuck with him cause sure as shit he won't walk away

3 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I thought Robert Thomson did well today. Shunted out wide in a position he's clearly not comfortable in, he gave it everything and was an able grafter there. Then when tasked with making a nuisance of himself up top once the Prince departed, he did exactly that and didn't let Rovers' defenders settle on the ball to start an attack. Well Done to the big man.

Our defenders don't start attacks. They're under orders from Locke to punt every ball long and high. That's been our game plan for most of this season. A schoolboy could see that it's not working but not our master tactician. The game today was crying out for Craig Barr to be brought on in midfield but no, we get Skacel, Stevenson and Roberts and to cap it all Benedictus gets sent up front to try and win some of those high balls from defence. Fuckin joke.

Locke saying we need to play like we did on Wednesday...

Well maybe we might if you didn't decide to bring on your pals and play hoof ball. It wasn't just the players attitude today we looked like a team without any shape or plan on how to win. Why did Johnston go off? He played maybe 20 mins on Wednesday night so should've been the last player to go. Second half he was ineffectual but it's hard to do anything as a 5ft winger when you have Thomson doing his ridiculous chipped balls forward.

Archived