The Rovers v The Sons

I understand the Rovers will be preoccupied with a cup tie but I don't care so here we are. Lewis Vaughan will be sitting in the posh seats wearing his half and half scarf which means the Sons will be required to alter the starting line up. The good thing is now we have plenty of options and someone being unavailable up front doesn't mean we're shoehorning folk in. Question marks will be over the fitness of Harvie and possibly Fleming (who seems to have been carrying injuries all season) so I'll wait until the match preview before predicting any line up. What I will say is that we need a win here. We've played pretty well over the last few weeks and have hee-haw to show for it, so I'll take any sort of win here which would pull Rovers into things at the bottom of the table. 

It's all set up for Stevo to rifle one into the top corner, I would sincerely hope that our players will be wise to giving him any sort of space but I would've hoped we'd done the same for Dom Thomas last week and he popped two goals in. Hopefully Raith take Hearts all the way to penalties tonight and lose with a few niggling injuries in the process, leaving them knackered and demoralised for the weekend.

Whilst typing this out and getting slightly excited thinking about a Dumbarton win, I've noticed that Mat Northcroft will be doing his best to ruin this one. Sigh. What have we done to deserve this p***k on such a regular basis?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was encouraged by our 2nd half performance against Hearts and hope we can continue producing performances like that in the league. Obviously a horsing tomorrow will put a bit of a damper on the good work from Sunday but important we come through tomorrow nights game with no injuries. As it stands I'm content with our back 4 (including Davo at RB) and really hope Locke persists with Matthews in midfield who has always looked a good player when he's been given the chance. Jury's out on Johnston but Locke will persist with him out wide no doubt. Up front, well it's anyone's guess what Locke does there. We'll revert to two up front I'd imagine and I've no doubt McManus getting his goal against Hearts makes him a shoe in to start. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He did rob us of 2 points at Cappielow for a foul that only he saw. That and he's consistently inconsistent. 

I know. When I saw his name on the os, my heart sank a little. I was surprised that we hadn't lost with him in charge so thought I'd share it!

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

How's Vaughan been for you guys thus far? Heard he had a great game against Hibs. 

He was good against Hibs, yeah. Didn't have the greatest of games last week by all accounts but I'm sure once he's had a run in the team he'll do well. Certainly appears to be that wee bit classier than the players we have.

As Moonster says, a big game for us this. For Rovers too, I suppose, given their run of form.

But given we've acquitted ourselves pretty well I'd say, over the last three games and come out of them with diddly squat, a result here would be massive. And it's one where points trump performance, even more than usual.

It'll be interesting to see how we line-up, because we now have options in the final third, which is a welcome change from before Christmas.

Bad crack putting the smaller supports in the corner of the Main Stand.The  Railway Stand is obviously fit for purpose so Dumbarton supporters and all smaller away supports should be housed there.If not,and even if it means shifting a few season ticket holders section off a part of the South Stand for the smaller away supports,there's more than enough empty seats.Might even help create a bit of atmosphere

Having said all that expect Dumbarton supporters to be shoehorned into Main Stand

Am I right in saying Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath are the only two teams, other than the likes of Hearts/Rangers etc, that have been in the railway stand for a game? It was open on Sunday for Hearts fans so there's obviously nothing wrong with it. Guessing the club are not wanting to open another stand when they can just turf small supports in the main stand and use the railway stand as over spill for the bigger teams.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I can only assume it costs extra money to open it, making it pointless for an away support like ours. From a Rovers point of view it makes sense housing us in the main stand.

That's exactly the club's viewpoint, the railway stand is only open as overspill to the McDermid Stand behind the goals now.

Archived