Livi v Brechin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Do you like Porridge :)

Obviously too young to appreciate that one :lol:

Also missing the point about the cheating part as well.  As I said plastic fans supporting a plastic  club in their their 3rd transition through bad management and bad debt. How anyone can criticise any other team is beyond me.  They are lucky to be allowed to participate at all. 

We were well beaten by a decent side as should be the case when a full time team plays a part time one. No one is in any doubt about that. 

Aww come on, Plastic fans...I've supported Livi from the start, I've grown up with them as my home town club, as have a lot of other fans, criticise the club for miss management all you like but don't criticise the fans who choose to watch Livi instead of heading to Glasgow every week. 

People can critisize other teams fairly easily if it's so obvious that a player is trying to get opponents sent off by throwing himself about everywhere then going down like he'd been shot, your team lost the plot yesterday, I actually felt the ref done really well not to produce a red card or two in what was a really niggly game. 

Brechin had a great start to the season, amd have fell away due to injuries and suspensions but still only 3 points off 2nd with a game in hand, your team clearly has ability but instead of kicking every team you play concentrate on the football and you may start to find that early season form again. 

Hope the lad that stayed down in Livi had a good night last night, safe journey home. 

1 minute ago, andylivi1 said:

Aww come on, Plastic fans...I've supported Livi from the start, I've grown up with them as my home town club, as have a lot of other fans, criticise the club for miss management all you like but don't criticise the fans who choose to watch Livi instead of heading to Glasgow every week. 

People can critisize other teams fairly easily if it's so obvious that a player is trying to get opponents sent off by throwing himself about everywhere then going down like he'd been shot, your team lost the plot yesterday, I actually felt the ref done really well not to produce a red card or two in what was a really niggly game. 

Brechin had a great start to the season, amd have fell away due to injuries and suspensions but still only 3 points off 2nd with a game in hand, your team clearly has ability but instead of kicking every team you play concentrate on the football and you may start to find that early season form again. 

Hope the lad that stayed down in Livi had a good night last night, safe journey home. 

Did you support Ferranti Thistle ? That was the start .   Livingston was only the start of the living the dream era. 

Also missing the point about the cheating part as well.  As I said plastic fans supporting a plastic  club in their their 3rd transition through bad management and bad debt. How anyone can criticise any other team is beyond me.  They are lucky to be allowed to participate at all. 
We were well beaten by a decent side as should be the case when a full time team plays a part time one. No one is in any doubt about that. 

When the entire profile of your squad is meathead cluggers, you should be prepared to take some form of slagging from any team. You got reamed, that's all.

Hope the Brechin fan who was staying overnight in Livi had a good weekend despite the result.

Thanks buddy we did. Just a shame about our teams performance

When the entire profile of your squad is meathead cluggers, you should be prepared to take some form of slagging from any team. You got reamed, that's all.

Hope the Brechin fan who was staying overnight in Livi had a good weekend despite the result.

Well did cheers buddy

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Did you support Ferranti Thistle ? That was the start .   Livingston was only the start of the living the dream era. 

I wasn't born :unsure2:

Livingston are the club I was brought up supporting, but I apologise for not being born 70 years ago. 

42 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I wasn't born :unsure2:

Livingston are the club I was brought up supporting, but I apologise for not being born 70 years ago. 

Young whipper snapper you get him telt, and well done you for supporting your home team especially with Hibs & Hearts so close, its not the fans fault that Livingston have had so much off field crap but they have had to put up with.

Back to the football, well done Livingston, we were well beaten by a much better team on the day, I feel we missed trouten . Jackson will be better for a good 75 mins, ally love really need to get a grip aswell, stupid booking and I agree regarding the screaming, it's embarrassing Ian russellesq , hills looked a bad one must of got a sore one , it's not like him to stay down, I feel we were far to defensive minded in this game the surface was causing both sets of defenders problems on the turn, we never really got at there back 4 tho , anyway we just need to make sure we make the playoffs our season isn't going to rest on games vs Livingston

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I have supported Livingston since they arrived in Livingston. It's my local team they play in my town. I don't have any affinity with Hearts, Hibs, Selltick or The Rangers.

We have had some idiots run our club, but as fans we don't have any choice in them doing what they do. 

Proud to support my local team! 

Obviously too young to appreciate that one [emoji38]

Here is a bit of irony for you.
I'm too young to remember porridge in its first incarnation. But I love that programme. I just didn't get that joke at the time.
I'm too young to remember Ferranti Thistle and technically Meadowbank Thistle. But I love the team it is now known as, Livingston. I went to the first game at Almondvale vs East Stirling in 1995. Up till that point I had been to maybe 6 or 7 other football matches. Dad was Celtic and a couple of my friends were Jambos. Now my dad supports Livingston because that's where we are from. I was born and raised in Livingston and 30 years later I'm still here and still supporting my local club. Just as you do.

A lot of livi support you will see are young, not old. And a majority of the oldies are supporting Livi due to the fact they can't be arsed going to Glasgow every week. But at least they are there putting their money into the club. Just like I'm sure a lot of your fans will do.

I think resorting to calling us plastic yesterday just because you were getting beat was woeful. Same with booing Declan who in all fairness gave your lot the old 3-0 hand gesture at the end of the match but booing him simply because you were getting beat and frustrated your team was shite was pretty petty. Bear in mind I heard the fan say "Let's boo the criminals" reffering to both Gallagher and Lithgow I presume so it was petty. Nothing to do with convictions.

Young whipper snapper you get him telt, and well done you for supporting your home team especially with Hibs & Hearts so close, its not the fans fault that Livingston have had so much off field crap but they have had to put up with.

[emoji173]

We just weren't at the races at all yesterday. Doesn't help when you are a goal down within a minute but it showed yet again that we don't really have a plan B. If we go a goal down then it's always going to be a mountain to climb with the way the team is set up. The 5 at the back has generally served us very well and was behind our great escape last season and our excellent start to this campaign, but we really need to try something else when things aren't going for us. The lack of goals in the last couple of months is quite alarming.

On the plus side, great to see O'Neill, Dale and Jackson back in action and getting some valuable game time. As someone said our season starts again next week now that we have our key players back.

For next week at home to Stenny I'd like to see us go with 4 at the back with Dale and Graham sitting in front of them and Love, Watt and Trouten playing behind Jackson. Really don't see the need for playing 5 at the back at home to teams we should be having a real go at.

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Jeezo it has fairly kicked off in here, good to see Brechin fans taking a defeat so well.:lol:

Ah the old PT excuse card when getting humped by a FT team, East Fife, Rovers and QP haven't found they needed to use that excuse this season, their PT status hasn't stopped them from beating us.  Dunno why it is but we've found it much easier to play the top 4 teams than the mid table ones, We're 7 wins for 7 against Airdrie, Alloa and Brechin.

Is Cadden getting the official credit for our 3rd goal then, it was Pittman that got his foot on it to guide the ball into the net. The SPFL website has Cadden as the scorer though. Our OS match report has Pittman scoring but Cadden along with Halkett and Buchanan as our goal scorers down the bottom under the match report.

Too soon to say if Todorov will do well but he certainly brings a physical presence to our team, cam on against a very physical Brechin and more than held his own against them, held off 3 players and kept possession when getting barged about and got a yellow card for dishing it out too. I think him and Rafa will be good subs to bring on against the likes of QP and Rovers to give us a plan B.

57 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is Cadden getting the official credit for our 3rd goal then, it was Pittman that got his foot on it to guide the ball into the net. The SPFL website has Cadden as the scorer though. Our OS match report has Pittman scoring but Cadden along with Halkett and Buchanan as our goal scorers down the bottom under the match report.

Too soon to say if Todorov will do well but he certainly brings a physical presence to our team, cam on against a very physical Brechin and more than held his own against them, held off 3 players and kept possession when getting barged about and got a yellow card for dishing it out too. I think him and Rafa will be good subs to bring on against the likes of QP and Rovers to give us a plan B.

It's surely an OG ? Ball came across from Cadden, Pittman had got a toe to it but the final and main deflection has come off a Brechin player behind him. 

I think if a deflection from an opposition player that was heading towards goal before being deflected it still gets credited to the player who hit it, but Pittman got a foot to it first so would've thought he'd get the goal. Cadden's been given it though so they must be ignoring Pittman's touch and just taking it being deflected by the Brechin player but it was heading in anyway so Cadden gets it.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Jeezo it has fairly kicked off in here, good to see Brechin fans taking a defeat so well.:lol:

Ah the old PT excuse card when getting humped by a FT team, East Fife, Rovers and QP haven't found they needed to use that excuse this season, their PT status hasn't stopped them from beating us.  Dunno why it is but we've found it much easier to play the top 4 teams than the mid table ones, We're 7 wins for 7 against Airdrie, Alloa and Brechin.

I think it was more the case of some not accepting the win too well.   I was merely giving a bit back .  Sorry to offend. ;)

No excuses I'm afraid.  As I said we were well beaten by a good side. 

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Here is a bit of irony for you.
I'm too young to remember porridge in its first incarnation. But I love that programme. I just didn't get that joke at the time.
I'm too young to remember Ferranti Thistle and technically Meadowbank Thistle. But I love the team it is now known as, Livingston. I went to the first game at Almondvale vs East Stirling in 1995. Up till that point I had been to maybe 6 or 7 other football matches. Dad was Celtic and a couple of my friends were Jambos. Now my dad supports Livingston because that's where we are from. I was born and raised in Livingston and 30 years later I'm still here and still supporting my local club. Just as you do.

A lot of livi support you will see are young, not old. And a majority of the oldies are supporting Livi due to the fact they can't be arsed going to Glasgow every week. But at least they are there putting their money into the club. Just like I'm sure a lot of your fans will do.

I think resorting to calling us plastic yesterday just because you were getting beat was woeful. Same with booing Declan who in all fairness gave your lot the old 3-0 hand gesture at the end of the match but booing him simply because you were getting beat and frustrated your team was shite was pretty petty. Bear in mind I heard the fan say "Let's boo the criminals" reffering to both Gallagher and Lithgow I presume so it was petty. Nothing to do with convictions.

Aye fair play to you for supporting your local side.  To us outsiders it is a bit galling though seeing clubs like Livi  using the legal system to their advantage with no apparent moral embarrassment. An advantage which has seen Livi punch well above their weight for years.  The support basically expect the club to perform at the higher level without question, not really worrying how it has been achieved.  That is where the term plastic comes from. What surprises everyone is how a full time team can keep going with a hardcore 600 home support. 

As for the booing.  I think it was more a tit for tat thing as you lot seemed to have a gripe at Love and for some reason Dougie Hill .  If you can't take the banter back you shouldn't dish it out in the first place. As for Declan I think it was him who elbowed Love off the ball .  That is when the booing started.  Maybe a good thing we managed back to the bus before the baseball bat came out !!!   8)  (banter ) 

Archived