football breaks

tentpeg

1 hour ago, forfarton said:

Anyone been to Vicente Calderon stadium? Aiming to go to Atletico Madrid match.

No, but planning to go. Just checked their website, looks really easy to buy tickets, they send them by email, from 40 Euros. I think that's standard for La Liga unless you're a member and local.

https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but planning to go. Just checked their website, looks really easy to buy tickets, they send them by email, from 40 Euros. I think that's standard for La Liga unless you're a member and local.
https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/

Going to Valencia game in March. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Aye, the ring road runs under the main stand.

Cheers, I thought I had seen that somewhere before. I never visited The Vicente Calderón when I was in Madrid. You can see the new stadium from the Airport, I think it's to be ready for the summer.

Cheers, I thought I had seen that somewhere before. I never visited The Vicente Calderón when I was in Madrid. You can see the new stadium from the Airport, I think it's to be ready for the summer.

Yes, they move to new stadium for next season. Vicente Calderon is to be demolished and replaced by a park.

• 3 weeks later...
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 17:34, Duff Man said:

Plenty of flights with EurelyGermanwings to Düsseldorf or Cologne/Bonn airport with  a Friday out Sunday back option. You'll have a choice of Borussia Mönchengladbach, Köln, Bochum, Dortmund, Leverkusen, and Schalke within about an hour or so from either airport. 

If Mönchengladbach interests you then let me know as I go atleast twice a year so know it inside out. Could easily help you put something together. Mönchengladbach only a 20 minute train from Düsseldorf so it's a pretty attractive option. 

Cheers duff man 

Have booked hertha - eintracht for the 25th feb  booked flight ,hotel  and ticket seperatley  it was alot easier than i thought 

Cheers duff man 
Have booked hertha - eintracht for the 25th feb  booked flight ,hotel  and ticket seperatley  it was alot easier than i thought 

That's what I did for the Bayern game, did you print your tickets out?

12 minutes ago, Waspy said:

That's what I did for the Bayern game, did you print your tickets out?

Aye printed them off , and going to head to stadium early to watch the build up and partake in a few beers 

9 minutes ago, ftk said:

Been to some usa sports/english games but would be interested in going to a German match. How does it compare to British games?

Going to a game in Germany pisses all over going to British games. Even if it's not the greatest of games, the atmosphere, food and that damn beautiful German beer make it absolutely worthwhile.

Aye printed them off , and going to head to stadium early to watch the build up and partake in a few beers 

[emoji108]???? Enjoy! Hopefully Hertha can get the 3 points.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been to a football game in Amsterdam other than Ajax? They're playing away when I'm there anyway, was thinking of watching Amsterdamsche FC v Leinden in the third level on Sunday.

On 3/2/2017 at 15:51, welshbairn said:

Anyone been to a football game in Amsterdam other than Ajax? They're playing away when I'm there anyway, was thinking of watching Amsterdamsche FC v Leinden in the third level on Sunday.

Me and a mate went to see Heracles when we stayed in Amsterdam for a weekend. Best 0-0 I've ever been to. It's not exactly in Amsterdam mind you, but it isn't too long on the train despite practically being in Germany. Polman is a lovely wee stadium and our tickets were right in the singing section. To be fair it seemed like it was a case of sit where you want and the regulars didn't look too happy we had placed ourselves there! Still, we moved from behind the goal to get a more central view and it was cracking. Smoking and drinking watching the football. Glorious. 

If you don't mind sitting on a train for a bit you should definitely consider it. Even just for 20 minutes of Dutch singing to quickly turn to "we are black, we are white, we are fucking dynamite, eeeeehhhhh"

5 years later and I still haven't made it back across. 

Went to a union berlin match for a stag do. Excellent choice. You can't beat German football experience as others have said. Beer, sausages and atmosphere. Some pubs show the footy live, they cut from goal to goal > Geoff and chums. Also been to Belgrade derby. Cheap tickets. Ultras showboating is good fun but the fan experience is not as great due to the police presence.

Went to an Amsterdamsche Fc game, 3rd tier. Nice wee stadium with a big bar overlooking the pitch. Surprised how poor the quality was though, I think a few Highland league teams would compete OK over there.

Been to loads of Mallorca games, it's a bit like supporting saints, plenty spare seats and not much atmosphere. AEL v Apollon in Limassol was a bit of an eye opener. They hadn't played each other for a few years until the game I was at, enjoyable but mental. 

• 7 months later...

Thought id bump this back up, I've been looking at taking in a weekend of European football for ages but can quite get it all to work out at a decent enough price. would really like to surprise my dad and book a trip for me and him so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated and although there are loads of helpful posts in the previous pages they may be out of date now as this posts last post was over 6 months ago.

Archived