Clyde v Arbroath

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The officiating was pretty dreadful and we were the beneficiaries for the majority.

Hard to tell as we were not in our usual vantage point in the first half but there looked to be some very ropey offsides given.

Don't really agree, penalty aside after looking at it.

The linesman made a total c**t of one of the offsides. McDonald, but there was plenty of cover. But the boy Gormley genuinely stood offside for most of the game it was incredible. :lol:

The one that did it for me was when the referee over ruled an offside when he was 15 yards behind the play and gave Arbroath a throw in. It was the correct decision but shows how poor the standside linesman was yesterday. The line was right in front of him. 

We pretty much have to accept the officials r diabolical at this level. U can only hope things even out over the course of a season. The stonewall pen we didnt get given last week was laughable but it looks like we got away with the one against us yesterday

Every weekend the talk is how poor the referee is, some of the decisions we have had against us this season have been baffling, the penalty that fearns should of had last week was amazing, clearly that's hand ball by hodge and should of been a pen, maybe makes up for all the soft decisions clyde got in the 5-0 cup game

Why didn't Gibson tip it over the bar for the first goal and mcneil got pulled from the wall on the second and Mcmillan and junior need to take responsibility for letting little have a free header. We should have got a penalty and Gormley should have buried his chance in the first half. 

Diabolical stuff 

2 hours ago, Chris_DK said:

The one that did it for me was when the referee over ruled an offside when he was 15 yards behind the play and gave Arbroath a throw in. It was the correct decision but shows how poor the standside linesman was yesterday. The line was right in front of him. 

Was that the one where the linesman actually flagged for the throw in, as it glanced off his arm (when he was off the pitch) and rebounded into the field of play?

The noise from the Clyde end of the stand suggested that they didn't realise that the ball had hit him.

Can't argue with the video evidence for Clyde's penalty claim though. Both the ref & linesman should have seen it.

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Birthday caird pish

Not being funny and no disrespect to Clyde here but personally couldn't care lees, and I'm sure if we were in the same position Clyde fans would say the same

I hope that's not the general view. We need well run clubs, decent facilities and strong fan bases, otherwise we are all the losers. Saturday was a good example of that. Fans from both sides walked away unhappy with their match day experience.

I hope that's not the general view. We need well run clubs, decent facilities and strong fan bases, otherwise we are all the losers. Saturday was a good example of that. Fans from both sides walked away unhappy with their match day experience.

Who needs it?

And why does it matter to Arbroath FC if Clyde are a shambles, why would we be the losers? The only thing I was unhappy about on Saturday was our performance.

They'll simply get relegated and replaced by another club if this trend continues???

I commend your honesty. However, not all of us, have four or five other teams to 'support' like you do. Some do, however. Chameleons, is the term. 

f**k you. 

Neither do I

And why would it bother me? If Arbroath were in the same position you wouldn't care. Montrose for example, would be gutted to see them fall out the league, need they derbies. Whether we go to broadwood or not makes no difference.

Archived