Hearts v Raith cup replay date tbc

Chimter-boys

4 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

Strangely confident going into this one, collection of things at hearts such as new manager, few new players and have more pressure on them. Play like we did second half on Sunday should be a raith win. 17/2 on Sky bet folks

I'm pretty much the opposite. I feel we probably had our shot at it, still going though.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I was looking that game up for the preview. According to the website I looked at, our goals were scored by Paul Shields and Paul Hartley, and we lost 4-2 with two goals in the second half of extra time, with one credited as a Guido van de Kamp own goal. I don't recall the game at all though.

I've only been to Tynecastle once in the early nineties, although Rovers won 1-0. I'm not convinced my 100% record will remain intact after tonight to be honest.

August 1998, we were 2 down going on 6 early doors, young Shields got one back on his debut just before HT, then Hartley scored right at the death to take it to ET.

Van de Kamp was adjudged to have carried the ball over his own line in ET by the linesman, our whole team went bananas in protest, then we lost a fourth to Rab McKinnon as we chased the game. An unnamed Rovers player then booted the away team dressing room door aff it's hinges after the game. Good times :lol:

I've decided I'll be in attendance tonight too.

I remember we won 1-0 at Tynecastle back in the '90s when Sinky scored. That might have been the last time I went to a Hearts v Rovers game at Tynecastle.

I saw Hearts beat Celtic 2-1 in 2006. Think that was my last visit. I was in the Hearts end in hospitality.

Basically I'm taking it as a sign. We will win tonight.

I'd forgotten about that game until now! Rovers fans were seated at the opposite end of the pitch, to Guido's goal - so it looked like a legitimate save from our angle. I remember 14 year old me being close to tears of outrage! The only other memorable part of that match, for me, was Marvin Andrews sitting in the seat directly in front of me. Don't think he'd started many games for us at that point, due to injury.

11 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

I can remember a league cup tie in the 90's, got freebies from pal Paul Ritchie, got to Tyncastle and theywould not let us use them for away end so had to sit in main stand. Few of the locals didn't like me and brothers celebration as we equalised late to go 2-2, think we lost 3-2 in extra time. Sure Mickey Cameron scored for us that night.

I should arrive quite early for game, is there a pub generally considered an 'away' one near the ground?

8 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I was looking that game up for the preview. According to the website I looked at, our goals were scored by Paul Shields and Paul Hartley, and we lost 4-2 with two goals in the second half of extra time, with one credited as a Guido van de Kamp own goal. I don't recall the game at all though.

I've only been to Tynecastle once in the early nineties, although Rovers won 1-0. I'm not convinced my 100% record will remain intact after tonight to be honest.

I was at that game - our first goal, a Jim Hamilton header from a Gary Locke cross from the right, after he'd been played in by an inch-perfect pass, was quality.

After that goal, we were terrible - it wasn't clear whether the Van de Kamp own goal was really over the line.

6 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

August 1998, we were 2 down going on 6 early doors, young Shields got one back on his debut just before HT, then Hartley scored right at the death to take it to ET.

Van de Kamp was adjudged to have carried the ball over his own line in ET by the linesman, our whole team went bananas in protest, then we lost a fourth to Rab McKinnon as we chased the game. An unnamed Rovers player then booted the away team dressing room door aff it's hinges after the game. Good times :lol:

Were both our goals not pretty decent? Am sure if I mind right Hartleys was quite the run and finish. 

Archived