Forfar v Cowdenbeath

Not sure next week will be Foxy's type of game.....love to see TOB back in there....Lister if fit....we have to 'look interested' right from the start and hopefully we can take 6pts from the next 2 games and finish this league off.

His thinking about playing malone in the middle must be to give us more bite in midfield . So expect him to be there next week too

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Not sure next week will be Foxy's type of game.....love to see TOB back in there....Lister if fit....we have to 'look interested' right from the start and hopefully we can take 6pts from the next 2 games and finish this league off.

To be fair I think you have the league finished.

35 minutes ago, MaroonShoeCoo said:

McGurn will never get dropped, apart from being Fox's mate we (apparently) pay him too much to not play. Young Donoghue has no chance of getting a game unless McGurn loses a leg.

The players we have should be good enough. Formation, tactics, motivation... down to 1 man.

Donogwho ????

Absolutely Forfar will win the League comfortably and good on them

Gary Bollan has had his critics in the past and credit to him for answering them

Probably the Rangers way instiled in him still meaning nothing less than a win is acceptable! 

12 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Absolutely Forfar will win the League comfortably and good on them

Gary Bollan has had his critics in the past and credit to him for answering them

Probably the Rangers way instiled in him still meaning nothing less than a win is acceptable! 

Think your creeping back to Ibrox 316:P his team is good for coming back from being behind done it a lot this season, has a good squad mind you.

14 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

some finish from Peters though, big question is, was it a cross or a shot?

I personally thought it was a shot and he executed it perfectly!

It was a cross and he justifiably looked a bit embarrassed when it flew in.

Adam's save at 0-1 was crucial, a great 1 on 1.

As poor as we've played first half, perhaps the extended half time was a blessing for us. Cowden looked good until we scored and from there you could see their lack of confidence

We cannot keep going behind and coming back, eventually it will catch us up.

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think your creeping back to Ibrox 316:P his team is good for coming back from being behind done it a lot this season, has a good squad mind you.

Yes with a few of our ex players too!! no wonder they are doing good

I may visit Ibrox now and again but whilst Cowdenbeath F.C is in existence I will continue to be a season ticket holder and help drive inititives for the greater good of the club.

My critical comments of Fox are probably unhelpful but I am finding it incredibly difficult to watch our club in freefall from someone who has had a fair crack at the whip to try and get things right. I have lost all faith in him unfortunately

I am an open and. honest guy who always admits his own mistakes and.I hope I am proved wrong at the end of the season which I would ensure I would be one of the first to shake our manager by the hand

Its a game of passion and we all have a passion to ensure the club is here for generations to come

16 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

some finish from Peters though, big question is, was it a cross or a shot?

I personally thought it was a shot and he executed it perfectly!

That question shouldn't even be asked.....his non celebration said it all

9 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

You are speaking to a brick wall 316. The recent ' club statement '  instructed you to get behind Fox no matter how crap he is. Get with the programme amigo.

I know Coo and I am not seeking a response but I am venting my frustrations as our current situation is a shambles

I will be biting my tounge on matchdays not saying a word whilst respecting the clubs statement if results dont change.

However nobody can change my opinion on me having no confidence in Fox at present

10 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

You are speaking to a brick wall 316. The recent ' club statement '  instructed you to get behind Fox no matter how crap he is. Get with the programme amigo.

Can't blame Fox today (or even last week Coo) we played well first half and should have been more than one up at half-time. We had umpteen shots at the Forfar goal at start of the second half but Forfar broke away and their poorest player scored a fluke goal which McGurn should have saved with his eyes closed. That knocked the stuffing out of Cowden and the best team won in the end but McGurn should have saved Milne's goal too.Yes it swerved but not that much.

if McLauchlan had been playing he'd would have put a challenge in for TOB's goal.

All is not yet lost but it's getting close now.

Our new striker looked the part and maybe, just maybe, we'll get out of this mess.

19 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

I know Coo and I am not seeking a response but I am venting my frustrations as our current situation is a shambles

I will be biting my tounge on matchdays not saying a word whilst respecting the clubs statement if results dont change.

However nobody can change my opinion on me having no confidence in Fox at present

I have always said how much I respect the people on our board. The  blood, sweat , tears and the money they put into the cub. Without them and Donald we would no longer have a Cowdenbeath FC to support.

With regards to Fox however I completely disagree with their insistence on backing him when he has been such a complete failure. The stakes are just too high to back such a dud now that we face relegation out of league football. The local community largely don't give a toss about the team who carry their towns name. If we go into the Lowland league then we are in big trouble and apathy will destroy us. 

For me, get Calderwood in while the transfer window is open and give us a chance of moving up again. I will keep going to the games but I have never felt so pessimistic about the direction we are heading in since Welsh was our manager. Hopefully the loan striker will give us more fire power up front but we lack any creativity. 

Always darkest before the dawn though.

Archived