Forfar v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McGurn has decided to catch dodgykeeperitis. Did well 1st half but heads went after Davie decided to become Michael Andrews. Bought my bridies and off home to sample Mclarens one tonight then Saddlers on Sunday.  Congrats to Forfar. 

To be fair, he caught that a few weeks ago but not allowed to criticise as he had a good first half of season.

33 minutes ago, big al said:

Well surely the boards fanciful thoughts of still making the top 4 are put to bed now. We are bottom going into February and 12 behind Annan but also importantly 6 places behind them.

That's the clubs short term objective for Fox to achieve which has been clear as day for months that he wasn't going to achieve this and more looked like a side heading for relegation

The club have faith in him though and we are expected to bite our tounge whist potentially watching Cowdenbeath being relegated and put on the football scrapheap

I hope we are all proved wrong come the.end of the season.

Forget the playoffs now its a battle for survival

Absolutely shambolic performance in the first half, much improved second half!
Think that extra length of stoppage at half time gave the Forfar players a little boost.

Came out second half looking a lot better, although still confused why Eddie Malone's getting played cm? And foxy's sat on the bench...

Absolutely shambolic performance in the first half, much improved second half!
Think that extra length of stoppage at half time gave the Forfar players a little boost.

Came out second half looking a lot better, although still confused why Eddie Malone's getting played cm? And foxy's sat on the bench...

My thoughts exactly . Foxy and Milne in the middle is fantastic to watch

McGurrn beaten from distance twice today. To be fair the ball bent in the wind/snow. There always seems to be a weak link

First was because he came off his line anticipating the cross that never came, second the ball must have moved but there was hardly a breath of wind, theForfar flag in the corner was hardly moving all game.

Hats off to our keeper today, he's taken flak for his cock-ups but that save when we were 1-0 down kept us in the game.

Just now, Bogs_Dollox said:

Did McGurn get a hand to milnes goal?

Just went through his hands, was going like a missile. 

As said chronic first half from us, after Peters goal we came to life. Can't get my head around Foxys slip down the pecking order. Malone was very good 2nd half I thought.

We sign a Left back to solve our problem area and play him in midfield.....game was crying out for TOB to move into centre midfield..Trav-Munro-Bain at right. Have to raise our game next week or we will get pumped. Josh and Coxy simply doesn't work, even Danny up front would be better as he is good in the air....still we are grinding results out so let's keep the run going next week.

McGurn will never get dropped, apart from being Fox's mate we (apparently) pay him too much to not play. Young Donoghue has no chance of getting a game unless McGurn loses a leg.

The players we have should be good enough. Formation, tactics, motivation... down to 1 man.

We sign a Left back to solve our problem area and play him in midfield.....game was crying out for TOB to move into centre midfield..Trav-Munro-Bain at right. Have to raise our game next week or we will get pumped. Josh and Coxy simply doesn't work, even Danny up front would be better as he is good in the air....still we are grinding results out so let's keep the run going next week.

Foxy has to start in the middle . Lister up front too I reckon . Josh and Coxy I agree , doesn't work

1 minute ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Foxy has to start in the middle . Lister up front too I reckon . Josh and Coxy I agree , doesn't work

Not sure next week will be Foxy's type of game.....love to see TOB back in there....Lister if fit....we have to 'look interested' right from the start and hopefully we can take 6pts from the next 2 games and finish this league off.

Yep badly missing his composure and creativity. He's also vocal. Bewildering stuff he's no near it.

Got visions of him scoring a last minute winner next week and jumping into the masses of loons behind the goal to put us 11 points clear .

We can dream eh [emoji6]

Archived