Forfar v Cowdenbeath

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Can't blame Fox today (or even last week Coo) we played well first half and should have been more than one up at half-time. We had umpteen shots at the Forfar goal at start of the second half but Forfar broke away and their poorest player scored a fluke goal which McGurn should have saved with his eyes closed. That knocked the stuffing out of Cowden and the best team won in the end but McGurn should have saved Milne's goal too.Yes it swerved but not that much.

if McLauchlan had been playing he'd would have put a challenge in for TOB's goal.

All is not yet lost but it's getting close now.

Our new striker looked the part and maybe, just maybe, we'll get out of this mess.

I respect your opinions AC. It's a results business though. Any other team would have sacked Fox by now IMO .

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Can't blame Fox today (or even last week Coo) we played well first half and should have been more than one up at half-time. We had umpteen shots at the Forfar goal at start of the second half but Forfar broke away and their poorest player scored a fluke goal which McGurn should have saved with his eyes closed. That knocked the stuffing out of Cowden and the best team won in the end but McGurn should have saved Milne's goal too.Yes it swerved but not that much.

if McLauchlan had been playing he'd would have put a challenge in for TOB's goal.

All is not yet lost but it's getting close now.

Our new striker looked the part and maybe, just maybe, we'll get out of this mess.

Think Carrick will make a difference if we continue to create chances and if we can secure the lad Rooney that will add additional firepower

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

some finish from Peters though, big question is, was it a cross or a shot?

I personally thought it was a shot and he executed it perfectly!

McGregor told me after the game Josh admitted it was not a shot but a mis-hit cross. I thought it was great until Milne scored then we had the goal of the match.

2 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

McGregor told me after the game Josh admitted it was not a shot but a mis-hit cross. I thought it was great until Milne scored then we had the goal of the match.

It was deffo a cross:lol: glad the boy said so instead of trying to say he meant it credit to him for that.

First goal, mcgurn a spectator

second goal, poor defending but for me keeper should be coming for anything in 6 yard box

third goal, shot to centre of goal, mcgurn goes one way and ends up punching the ball into the net.

mcgurn cost us the Berwick and Arbroath games. Time to sign up Sneddon and drop mcgurn. Fox is continually being let down by senior players

carrick a bright spot. Thought he was different class yesterday.

34 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

First goal, mcgurn a spectator

second goal, poor defending but for me keeper should be coming for anything in 6 yard box

third goal, shot to centre of goal, mcgurn goes one way and ends up punching the ball into the net.

mcgurn cost us the Berwick and Arbroath games. Time to sign up Sneddon and drop mcgurn. Fox is continually being let down by senior players

carrick a bright spot. Thought he was different class yesterday.

Have to agree. Ironic that were going for a second and peppering the Forfar goal then they get a breakway and score from a misdirected cross. Still don't get how that could beat McGurn. As for Milne's goal it did swerve but again not enough to beat a keeper like McGurn.

I've seen Lewis scoring a goal like that before - against the Rovers at CP. Not sure but I think McGurn was the keeper then too.

As for TOB's goal. No challenge, don't think he would have managed that if McLauchlan had been playing.

Carrick looked very good. Hope we can get our midfield to give him some decent ball.

We were the better team yesterday until they got their goal. Adam made an excellent stop a few minutes before their first which was an utter freak goal (like the one Arbroath a few seasons ago). Poor defending for their 2nd and the 3rd - no excuses for McGurn not keeping that out. He deserves to be dropped I'm afraid.

For as good a keeper he is, we did not need to sign a goalkeeper for this season, Sneddon could have done well and got himself a good move afterwards. Not to be.

We looked good yesterday until that first goal then we got the usual Cowden Crumble after that. No team can afford to let the heads drop the way we do after conceding. Mental.

Carrick was outstanding and looks to be the butter to Rentons bread. Going forward is not our issue.

I think Cowden can take a lot from yesterday. They were the better team against Forfar for large parts. Carrick looks like a class above league 2 and should do well with Renton. Mcgurn's form is worrying but these sort of performances against the lesser teams will bring points

Saddlers versus Mclarens Bridie. Having sampled both for my dinner over the last 2 night. I prefer a Mclarens bridie. Great meat filling that held it's consistency and nicely seasoned. Even tho used to Fife Flaky pastry the shortcrust pastry on it was very delicious.

Saddlers in comparison was disappointing. The pastry was dry and never complemented the meat filling. Meat filling was good tho. A lot of it and good seasoning to it. 

Hopefully we stay up in the league and our paths cross in League one in the near future As I would like to sample the pies and rolls from both bakers. If not I'm coming to Forfar for my summer holidays. 

Just now, Bogs_Dollox said:

Cowden weren't that bad . Better team until we scored as has been already said .

Aye tough to tell which team was top of the league first half. Bollan desrves credit for tweaking the system at ht and getting control of the midfield.

Aye tough to tell which team was top of the league first half. Bollan desrves credit for tweaking the system at ht and getting control of the midfield.

Taking Scott off made the world of difference, he was not having a good game. I like the laddie but he's not strong enough to start. Coming on as a sub and using his pace seems to be the best use of him at the moment.

23 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

Saddlers versus Mclarens Bridie. Having sampled both for my dinner over the last 2 night. I prefer a Mclarens bridie. Great meat filling that held it's consistency and nicely seasoned. Even tho used to Fife Flaky pastry the shortcrust pastry on it was very delicious.

Saddlers in comparison was disappointing. The pastry was dry and never complemented the meat filling. Meat filling was good tho. A lot of it and good seasoning to it. 

Hopefully we stay up in the league and our paths cross in League one in the near future As I would like to sample the pies and rolls from both bakers. If not I'm coming to Forfar for my summer holidays. 

I thought with the size of carrier bag I saw you with you would have already had some pies and rolls:P

Archived