Forfar v Cowdenbeath

13 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I will be purchasing one bridie each from Saddlers and Mclarens and will do a comparison. I will.update on here my findings. Stewarts of Buckhaven do a nice steak bridie type pastry. Nice flaky pastry tho. It's also good that Tom Courts has now opened a shop in Burntisland. A great butcher. Sorry off topic.

As for the game I'm a bit meh. Hope Fox doesn't start with CJ. That will show he's taking the piss. 

Stuart's scotch pies are the best you'll find anywhere.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I will be purchasing one bridie each from Saddlers and Mclarens and will do a comparison. I will.update on here my findings. Stewarts of Buckhaven do a nice steak bridie type pastry. Nice flaky pastry tho. It's also good that Tom Courts has now opened a shop in Burntisland. A great butcher. Sorry off topic.

As for the game I'm a bit meh. Hope Fox doesn't start with CJ. That will show he's taking the piss. 

Way off topic but Tom Courts was originally in Burntisland before he moved his shop to Cowdenbeath.

On 26/01/2017 at 20:46, tbsouth said:

Top of the league all season...no interest from the town...no interest from P&B FAFC fans either......worst home crowd in living memory for me.

The biggest problem is in the secretarys office. And he wont go away.

49 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

The biggest problem is in the secretarys office. And he wont go away.

As a sad pedant, the quote in your response is 100% incorrect.  Elgin topped the league in week 2, locals quite clearly go to the games, P&B FAFC fans quite clearly post and we've had lower crowds in very recent seasons.

To be fair to the quoted poster, however, given our position in the league, interest really should be higher.

I think our home crowds are not too bad considering there's no any so called big travelling supports in this league , minus Arbroath .

Away support is shite though has been for years , just too many folk interested in the "premier " teams round about .

Stuart's scotch pies are the best you'll find anywhere.

Absolutely this. Used to have to go to the East side of Fife to get a Stuarts but the new Costcutter in Kelty has a Stuarts in it. The Apple Turnovers with cream are a thing of beauty.

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I completely agree but it's got steak and flaky pastry so it's not a bridie.
They are magic though.

Correct.If you take a bridie and change the pastry to flakey fill it with hand massaged Wagu beef with truffle shavings etc etc its not a f...ing bridie anymore.

Another Saturday and another defeat. I wasn't there so I'm going on stats from various websites and we had more shots etc. again. It was always going to be tough at the league leaders but we need a win from somewhere. Obvious I know. We need to get the sleeves rolled up there is plenty of time and games to save this.

Fed up saying it but same old story

We fail to make our total shots on goal and chances created count

Winning at half time and in typical Cowden fashion we throw it all away whilst even the likes of Montrose are 5th only 4 points from a promotion opportunity. 

Nice that Carrick got a goal on his debut

More straight defeats and Fox you is doing a wonderful job in ensuring our club remain stuck at the.foot of the table and potentially killing our club but we are encouraged to get behind him

The stats and performances have been decent and encouraging in the last few games but these count for nothing if you cannot achieve points.

Forfar are another part time team who finished below us last season yet we are in freefall to god knows where.

McGurn has decided to catch dodgykeeperitis. Did well 1st half but heads went after Davie decided to become Michael Andrews. Bought my bridies and off home to sample Mclarens one tonight then Saddlers on Sunday.  Congrats to Forfar. 

1 minute ago, CowdenPhil said:

McGurn has decided to catch dodgykeeperitis. Did well 1st half but heads went after Davie decided to become Michael Andrews. Bought my bridies and off home to sample Mclarens one tonight then Saddlers on Sunday.  Congrats to Forfar. 

They'll be scranned before you get to Perth!

3 points from a possible 21 in our last 7 games is unacceptable and relegation form

Absolutely disgusted with the current shambles of where we are just now

Zero points for  the whole month of January meaning 2017 has got of to a horrific start even though Fox has been given the opportunity to strengthen the squad we still cant buy a point

Archived