Celtic v St Johnstone 25/1/17

What is to be said about a trip to Celtic?

Seen us win there twice in the last few years (thanks to Dave and then Danny)and get a draw as well (Nigel).

Everyone will say that can't happen this time.

We shall see, nothing to lose unless we lose heavily.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initial thought was go with a similar side to the one that played at Ibrox but I wouldn't be against playing a back three to see how that goes. It limited Rangers in Perth after they'd started very well against us and it's becoming more apparent that it's a system which has it's uses in the Premiership.

Foster is suspended for us, which made it all the more important for Watson to get 90 minutes yesterday.

Saints have a better away record than they have at home any saints fans know why?

Because we've had better results away than at home

We seem to have had, for various reasons a lot of midweek league matches at CP over this winter, im sure this was the one scheduled for weekend we beat Aberdeen in league cup final.

St Johnstone are one of the top 5 teams easily in the league and I cant recall, in recent years giving them a doing or had any kind of easy game v them, they have had a few good results of their own against us as well, they usually manage at least one win or draw against Celtic per season.

Id like to see Griffiths start here as, often the undoubtedly more talented Dembele doesnt seem quite up for games like these.

2-1 Celtic

We're still due to be evened up for the worst failure to award a penalty in history, a game a few years back when Efe Ambrose absolutely halved (I think) Gregory Tade, getting not within five feet of the ball, just wiping him out on the slide, and nothing being given. Celtic 0-1 Saints courtesy of a shocker of a penalty call would be pleasing indeed.

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

We're still due to be evened up for the worst failure to award a penalty in history, a game a few years back when Efe Ambrose absolutely halved (I think) Gregory Tade, getting not within five feet of the ball, just wiping him out on the slide, and nothing being given. Celtic 0-1 Saints courtesy of a shocker of a penalty call would be pleasing indeed.

Ahem....Duberry stopping the corner.

Or was that against the ****?

Saints actually getting a penalty at Celtic Park [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ahem....Duberry stopping the corner.

Or was that against the ****?

No that was at Perth in 2011, one of those bizzare 6.00 kick off times, a game we won 1-0 with a Beram Kayal goal.

It was that bad a decision it was actually fucking laughable, I think Duberry thought the referee had blown for a foul and sort of spotted the ball to take a free kick...quickly realising no foul had been given he hurriedly booted the ball away and the ref just waved play on :lol:

46 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Efe lunging in and conceding a daft penalty?

Im not having that......

Archived