ALTOGETHER NOW Y.M.C.A

http://Suspected it could have been the U17's put out by Stranraer. Why do the SofS hierachy insist on QOS, Annan and Stranraer submitting their teams in this cup, if they are going to use U17's      Furthermore, understand Fleet Star had to submit a team but have not played a competitive game all season. Would be interested for comments from the SofS Committee.

It is a long time ago if ever ,that the big three fielded their top squads in the Challenge Cup.

I think it is also an urban myth that it is compulsary to play in the Challenge Cup.

Fleet Star asked and were given a seaon,s sabbatical from the South to try and reorganise .Credit to Irvine and his men and the Southern Counties  that they are trying to keep Star afloat and good to see there is still room for commonsense in football.

On 22/01/2017 at 17:28, info said:

It is a long time ago if ever ,that the big three fielded their top squads in the Challenge Cup.

I think it is also an urban myth that it is compulsary to play in the Challenge Cup.

Fleet Star asked and were given a seaon,s sabbatical from the South to try and reorganise .Credit to Irvine and his men and the Southern Counties  that they are trying to keep Star afloat and good to see there is still room for commonsense in football.

Is it not the case that you have to enter one of the cups to retain your South membership?

Remember first teams taking part back in the 90s!

That was also my understanding. Why would Fleet Star have entered otherwise?

When Gretna FC went bust they were even included in the Southern Counties Cup draw for 2008-09, despite not being in any league and even lacking any players.

On paper, for a few weeks, there was simultaneously Gretna FC in the Southern Counties FA and Gretna 2008 in the EOS FA.

The Southern Counties Constitution states that all clubs

: playing under SFA and  International Board rules and have a ground that meets the criteria of the Association are eligible for membership of said assocation:

. Nowhere does it state a club has to play in a cup to retain its membership 

The Southern Counties Constitution states that all clubs
: playing under SFA and  International Board rules and have a ground that meets the criteria of the Association are eligible for membership of said assocation:
. Nowhere does it state a club has to play in a cup to retain its membership 

It was an agreement made at the AGM... It was a situation that has never come up before but it was discussed and agreed that this would allow them to retain their memberships for all 3 associations and also not have to compete...

I do think that it was made out at the AGM that you must compete in the Challenge Cup as a term of your membership to the SCFA though, however, this may have been my misunderstanding

I think the ruling is made by the Southern Counties Football Association, not the League,. The SCFA is the umbrella organisation and the Challenge Cup is their competition , not the league's. I'm assuming that to retain membership of the SCFA, entry to the Challenge Cup is essential.

• 1 month later...

Edu 4-0 Dumfries YM. Not a bad score considering?

The two lads in charge at Ym seem to have them really well organised and working hard to improve things. I've only seen them once this year and they seemed to have a lot of young boys playing. Experience will be doing them good.
Keep up the hard work, I'm sure a League win is around the corner.

Archived