Fifth Roond Dra'

jamamafegan

6 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Any chance of confirming the televised games??? Unbelievably inept.

It's been less than 24 hours since the biggest tie of the round was actually confirmed. Are you just looking for something to moan about?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It's been less than 24 hours since the biggest tie of the round was actually confirmed. Are you just looking for something to moan about?

I would have thought with the game 16 days away from the schedule that the TV games where announced today - it makes me think some club has a problem with the times of the game. Anyway fans have got to organise travel and the TV companies have now had 4 days to organise the fixtures for TV. 

31 minutes ago, Milners said:

I would have thought with the game 16 days away from the schedule that the TV games where announced today - it makes me think some club has a problem with the times of the game. Anyway fans have got to organise travel and the TV companies have now had 4 days to organise the fixtures for TV. 

They've not really. They've had less than one, because while Hearts v Hibs will be picked, Raith v Hibs almost certainly wouldn't have been...and certainly not as "first pick".

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

They've not really. They've had less than one, because while Hearts v Hibs will be picked, Raith v Hibs almost certainly wouldn't have been...and certainly not as "first pick".

Aye, because it's that difficult in the previous three days to decide on the basis of 'if Hearts win we'll pick this game, if Raith win we'll pick this game instead'.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, because it's that difficult in the previous three days to decide on the basis of 'if Hearts win we'll pick this game, if Raith win we'll pick this game instead'.

Well, I would imagine that discussions to that effect will have taken place but before anything can be made public, the clubs and other authorities will need to be consulted - particularly with both Old Firm teams at home. These things take time. If it gets announced this week then I don't think anyone can really have any complaints.

Not that I care since we got pumped out.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsID=16748&newsCategoryID=1

Celtic v ICT Saturday 12:15 (BBC)
Hearts v Hibs Sunday 12:30 (Sky)
Rangers v Morton Sunday 15:00 (Sky)

Pretty predictable really.

Called it.

Well, as one of the possible permutations. It did all hinge on the BBC pick - as soon as they took Celtic, Sky were guaranteed to take Sevco.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I'm in Edinburgh on the the Sunday.  #pleasing

Hearts have got more season ticket holders than tickets for this given Hibs get 20% of the ground. Going to be bedlam at the ticket office and non ST holders have zero chance of getting in.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Called it.

Well, as one of the possible permutations. It did all hinge on the BBC pick - as soon as they took Celtic, Sky were guaranteed to take Sevco.

A career as a Game Theory lecturer awaits, kudos on your ground breaking work.

Really, really shit choice from the BBC. Celtic vs Caley is not a good cup tie. Hearts vs Hibs is clearly the tie of the round.

The Celtic game will likely be a rout in front of a half empty stadium. The other game is a derby, will be sold out and will likely be an intriguing encounter between a Hearts side who aren't hitting form and Hibs who are flying in the Championship. In addition to that, it would have made more sense for the benefit of fans - ICT fans don't need to get up at the crack of dawn and rush to the game and Edinburgh fans are from the city anyway so it's not an issue.

Crazy choice from the BBC.

I thought there was an outside chance that the BBC would've taken County - Aberdeen but hardly surprising they went for Celtic instead.

Given the time slot BBC have because of the rugby on Sunday, would anyone really want it?!

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Really, really shit choice from the BBC. Celtic vs Caley is not a good cup tie. Hearts vs Hibs is clearly the tie of the round.

The Celtic game will likely be a rout in front of a half empty stadium. The other game is a derby, will be sold out and will likely be an intriguing encounter between a Hearts side who aren't hitting form and Hibs who are flying in the Championship. In addition to that, it would have made more sense for the benefit of fans - ICT fans don't need to get up at the crack of dawn and rush to the game and Edinburgh fans are from the city anyway so it's not an issue.

Crazy choice from the BBC.

Sky had already picked Hearts v Hibs before the BBC made their choice.

Archived