Fifth Roond Dra'

jamamafegan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally think people are being far too uptight when it comes to this draw.

Who really cares if Stubbs mixed up a 6 and a 9 or Rod was half cut? Thought nobody cared about what anyone else outwith Scottish football thought about the game here..?

Not that anyone looking in from the outside would have found it anything other than slightly amusing anyway.

Job was done, and a more entertaining watch than it would've been with 2 monotonous robots doing the draw.

Hoping Hearts beat Raith now, get an Edinburgh Derby on the Tele. Rangers v Morton will be selected I imagine, and I would actually like to see Dunfermline v Hamilton as the other game although I think County v Aberdeen will get the nod.

43 minutes ago, Owsley said:

The wee arse even called us "Academicals". f**k me, the absolute trash running our game.

Was about to post that.

One of the top blazers at the SFA mispelling/mispronouncing the name of a top flight club. Horrendous.

21 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

An old jakie getting absolutely blootered and embarrassing himself, Stubbs being unable to differentiate between a 6 and a 9, Sky tweeting that Ayr or Queens Park Rangers have a home tie, and Tanner's initial reaction being "Oh I thought we almost had an Old Firm game there!". Sky make our game look so tin pot it's unreal.

If that had been a sketch on only an excuse , you would have cringed at how bad it was however the fact it was real is just even more depressing 

21 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

This will be the 9th cup tie between ICT and Celtic since 2000, and they'll still stick it on TV and trot out the fucking 'go ballistic' shite that even the ICT supporters are bored of now. Lazy AF. 

This as remarkable as the result is and was as a piece of Scottish footballing history , it is almost like they just choose to ignore the fact that Inverness have seen in the same league as Celtic for over a decade and managed some Decent results again both us and Celtic in that time aswell , it's not like if Inverness do knock Celtic out the cup it is going to hold the same shock factor as it did back in 2000 .

This as remarkable as the result is and was as a piece of Scottish footballing history , it is almost like they just choose to ignore the fact that Inverness have seen in the same league as Celtic for over a decade and managed some Decent results again both us and Celtic in that time aswell , it's not like if Inverness do knock Celtic out the cup it is going to hold the same shock factor as it did back in 2000 .

I'm sure pat bonner will be shocked when he's told ICT are in the top flight

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yep, think we've played Celtic over 40 times now.  Rangers over 30 I'd say.  These aren't once in a decade fixtures like some would make out.

A pretty shite draw for us, if we dispose of Clyde that is.

Was hoping for a big team away from home, instead we'll get absolute diddies away from home.

I was hoping for a big team at home instead we'll get absolute diddies at home

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, think we've played Celtic over 40 times now.  Rangers over 30 I'd say.  These aren't once in a decade fixtures like some would make out.

I always think the 2003 win over Celtic was more impressive arguably , again not taking away from the 2000 result but Celtic were in an utter state at the time and seemed to be stumbling from one calamity to another and the Inverness result turned out to be the breaking point  . Albeit at the end of the day they really still should have seen off Inverness on the night of course hence its place in Scottish football folklore but the 2003 win was against Martin oneils uefa cup finalists 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

I always think the 2003 win over Celtic was more impressive arguably , again not taking away from the 2000 result but Celtic were in an utter state at the time . Albeit at the end of the day they really still should have seen off Inverness on the night of course hence its place in Scottish football folklore but the 2003 win was against Martin oneils uefa cup finalists 

Indeed.  The 2003 Celtic team was far superior to the 2000 or Ronny Delia-led 2015 side.  In fact, that 2003 Celtic team is the best in my 31 years that's for sure.

7 hours ago, Duszek said:

The Glasgow Dental Cup... "A one-off competition held in 1928 to help raise funds for the building of a new dental hospital in Glasgow. £819 was raised."

Semi final
28 Nov Partick Thistle v Celtic 3-1 aet (90 mins: 1-1) 
"Game stopped with 9 minutes of extra time left due to darkness; result stood" (quite fucking right, too)

Final
11 Dec Partick Thistle v Rangers 2-0 

:lol:

Tbf it was just an "extra" Glasgow Cup held in the autumn to raise funds, with 1 tie a week - on Wednesdays I presume.

They did the same thing in 1914 (with the Renfrewshire clubs to make-up QFs) for the Glasgow Belgian War Relief Fund Shield, and again in 1921 for the Glasgow Lord Provosts Rent Relief Cup.

There were also 2 shortlived midweek leagues in 1912.

Archived