P&B Bird Watch

RedRob72

Anyone know what this is? It’s sitting on my fence in Dundee. I’m assuming it’s a youngster but can’t work out what.  It keeps flying into the window and I’m fighting with the cat to stop it going for it.

E1B1CB77-07F6-49BF-889F-46143AE21290.png

Edited by Alert Mongoose

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

That looks like a pet bird and if it keeps banging into the window it’s trying to get in?

I don’t think so although it did let me get pretty close. It looked like a fledgling of some sort.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Looks very much like a domestic canary to me as well. Catch it and pop it in a box if you can.

YellowCanary.jpg

That’s definitely a similar build. Unfortunately it flew off when I went to grab it.

15 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That’s definitely a similar build. Unfortunately it flew off when I went to grab it.

Its maybe escaped from an open window or an aviary. Hopefully it finds it's way home.

• 3 weeks later...

Say "hi" to Harry*.  This fine chap has made my 'hood his permanent home and is evidently getting more and more used to people wandering past.  Got close enough to take this photo on my phone.

1089187998_PXL_20210809_1437299372.thumb.jpg.f29753668b223b06c9c81b6122659bb1.jpg

*the Scouts named him, not me.

2 hours ago, Lochdown said:

Me about two weeks ago. 

He was on my head for 5+ minutes until I had to shake him off  as I had to move the boat

😁 , and a tourist rhib went past about 30 yards away with them all 😮

20210806_131752.thumb.jpg.9b2516c201f2c07c7b45651fbba6051a.jpg

Your name isn't Cliff is it.....?

• 4 weeks later...

A ramble through Eglinton Park near Kilwinnig today. Nothing out the ordinary however was surprised to see Redwings this early and in reasonable numbers. Usually midwinter before I notice them there. No idea if this is a good / bad or indifferent sign.