P&B Bird Watch

RedRob72

On 23/06/2021 at 16:27, Hedgecutter said:

The sparrows have finally taken to the bird feed box which I attached to the window (dried mealworm was the answer).

A fine view just about the computer monitor, although this little greedy one has been in here for ages now with others fluttering about as if to say "your time's up, f*** off"

imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aScreenshot_20210623-162009.thumb.png.c818678d98494eedf24f8e5d21a78f2e.png

I've one of those too,I fill it with a mixyof mealworms and meal pellets, the Starlings love it , its great to watch about 6 or 7 of them fighting for position to get a feed .  There's a few other species that turn up to 

Eating dinner in the garden tonight and this wee beauty appeared. Just out the nest and virtually no tail feathers yet. Mummy blackie was back and forward with food while she (I think) was hopping between the branches of a big climber, still unable to fly properly. 20210704_195015.jpeg20210704_182154.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what this is? It’s sitting on my fence in Dundee. I’m assuming it’s a youngster but can’t work out what.  It keeps flying into the window and I’m fighting with the cat to stop it going for it.

E1B1CB77-07F6-49BF-889F-46143AE21290.png

Edited by Alert Mongoose