Wheelchair v Buggy

ICTChris

Utterly needless for it too have gotten to this point. As a parent who doesn't own a car I can safely say I'd happily give up the spot. For the exact reasons of my daughters buggy will fold and she can sit on my lap on in her baby bjorn pappous

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Utterly needless for it too have gotten to this point. As a parent who doesn't own a car I can safely say I'd happily give up the spot. For the exact reasons of my daughters buggy will fold and she can sit on my lap on in her baby bjorn pappous

Baby Bjorn? Pah!

Real men have the Mission Critical baby carrier:

mis crit.png

(I don't have one because I'm not a real man).

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Im sorry some may not agree with me here, but some buggies do not fold and if the child is pre walking age it should be classed the same as a wheelchair user. The wheelchair user is unable to walk and fold his chair as is the child if the buggy can not physically be folded by the parent. It should be on a first come first served basis.

Show me a pushchair that can't be folded? Like I said, it can be a pain in the arse but it's far from impossible. 

46 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I agree in principle, but I saw a letter about this in the Metro the other day and someone was pointing out that if the underside area of buggy/pram is filled with shopping/baby stuff etc., then the parent can't fold it down. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Taking the shopping out is too difficult for the cerebrally challenged, clearly. 

I didn't always drive. My kids were out of pushchairs before I got a car. I know it can be difficult but if you have another option (though it may not be the most convenient to you) the person without that option takes priority over you. 

Baby Bjorn? Pah!
mis crit.png

No doubt I'd say to her this I'd what real men use she would hit back with just as well you have thr baby bjorn haha

20 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Baby Bjorn? Pah!

mis crit.png

If I see somebody getting on the bus with that, I'm off it pronto. He might be on his way to a date with multiple virgins.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

That I agree with. What I do notice however with people on busses is that when people seem to be struggling on the bus ( usually people with prams ) nobody seems to give a f**k and help them and just sit back and watch them.

Humans are c***s

My eldest boy is 18, the youngest is 5. There is a huge difference in the number of people offering help to people struggling with pushchairs and shopping and a baby between then and now. It still happens occasionally but definitely not as common. 

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

If I see somebody getting on the bus with that, I'm off it pronto. He might be on his way to a date with multiple virgins.

I never thought of that. Would definitely lead to some funny looks on the Underground.

Just now, Lisa Cuddy said:

My eldest boy is 18, the youngest is 5. There is a huge difference in the number of people offering help to people struggling with pushchairs and shopping and a baby. It still happens occasionally but definitely not as common. 

It's probably not as common because people are freaked out by your 18 year old in a pushchair.

4 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

A wheelchair user is in that chair because they need to be. A baby can easily be taken out of the pushchair and the pushchair folded and put in the luggage rack. Yes, it's a pain in the arse but a wheelchair user doesn't usually have the option. You'd have to be a moron to argue otherwise. 

Fair enough, but do they really need to be getting in the way by getting a bus ?      If I became paraplegic I would just stay at home, perhaps invest in an excellent computer and board games.   It's not fair that able bodied folk are forced to suffer because someone in a wheelchair wants to go out for lunch.   

Just now, ICTChris said:

It's probably not as common because people are freaked out by your 18 year old in a pushchair.

I know. That's why I edited it. I started the post meaning to say one thing and by the time I got to the end I completely forgot what it was. 

Is there a chart where we can establish everyone's level of disability before they get on?

Missing legs - fill your boots (not really)

Fat c**t in mobility scooter heading to Greggs to stock up on steak bakes - Bolt, you tubby c**t.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Is there a chart where we can establish everyone's level of disability before they get on?

Missing legs - fill your boots (not really)

Fat c**t in mobility scooter heading to Greggs to stock up on steak bakes - Bolt, you tubby c**t.

Need one of those signs that you stand beside at the fair: "you must be this disabled to ride".

Course, riding the disabled is DA Baracus' speciality.

12 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

My eldest boy is 18, the youngest is 5. There is a huge difference in the number of people offering help to people struggling with pushchairs and shopping and a baby between then and now. It still happens occasionally but definitely not as common. 

Maybe you're not as tidy as you once were....

20 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Show me a pushchair that can't be folded? Like I said, it can be a pain in the arse but it's far from impossible. 

They are out there, like the old silver cross for example. But its not just that, in a buggy a child is secure with a belt on, out the buggy it is at more risk. And I feel the child who can not walk has as much right as the adult who can not walk.

Archived