New Glasgow Amateur Team

ST THOMAS AFC

Hi all,

New amateur team in Glasgow, St Thomas AFC, starting up. I'm 21, played at a decent level of amateur since 16 so know the basics. I'm completely winging it though and any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. Got the squad of boys minus a decent goalkeeper and been accepted into a league. Any help or even an older head to help out would be great! Thanks in advance!

Posting this in the hope some of you give me advice and maybe a pearl of wisdom or two as I've no one to learn this from. 

Hi all,
New amateur team in Glasgow, St Thomas AFC, starting up. I'm 21, played at a decent level of amateur since 16 so know the basics. I'm completely winging it though and any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. Got the squad of boys minus a decent goalkeeper and been accepted into a league. Any help or even an older head to help out would be great! Thanks in advance!
Posting this in the hope some of you give me advice and maybe a pearl of wisdom or two as I've no one to learn this from. 

What league are you going into mate?

Good luck with the club. As others have said the main thing is to make sure that your paperwork and things are up to date. Also making sure that the boys you have signed up are going to commit, nothing worse than a team having to fold after a few games due to lack of bodies.

Best luck with your team. I would say to you to set your standards high on and off the park. Make sure that your guys know what standards you will expect and don't let them rule the roost. Players are there to play, managers and coaches to coach and manage. You will need a strong character to manage as it's not as easy as people think and you have to let him do it his way. Equally if it's not working have a word and let him know what you expect. Build a good reputation and finally don't get too high with highs or too low with the lows. Enjoy it and don't loose site of the fact that it's amateur football.

Archived