Do you have a degree?

DA Baracus

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Loving all the Uni of Life posts. I'm in kinks here.

With regards to PhD's, my uni flatmate did his BSc Hons in Astronomy and Mathematics. He then went on to become Dr <Surname> by spending three years working on solutions to some of the most fiendish equations related to Einstein and De Sitter's (among others) model of General Relativity.

After that, with a career in astronomy for life beckoning, he went and worked for Strathclyde Uni in their property department!

I've only seen two, both of which were facetious.

Never heard of half the posters on here, but they are crawling out the woodwork to tell us about their degree. I left school and started at the bottom. I liked it that much I stayed there.

I got a degree, never used it to this day, started at the bottom, moved up a wee bit but then got a pay cut. I'm really with my life choices.

51 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I got a degree, never used it to this day, started at the bottom, moved up a wee bit but then got a pay cut. I'm really with my life choices.

You're really with your life choices?  Really?

Left school halfway through 5th year with 8 standard grades as I was bored so left as soon as I turned 16 and started a job that week. Did a few vocational courses and training days here and there over the course of my working life and in 2011 went to college at night to study accounts as it compliments my job role. Been working for 17 years now, only another 34 years until I can get my statutory state pension (unless they abolish or increase the age limit before then...). Considered university a few times over the years, but never seriously enough to go through with it. More a passing fancy.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never heard of half the posters on here, but they are crawling out the woodwork to tell us about their degree. I left school and started at the bottom. I liked it that much I stayed there.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

I left school with 10 "O" grades and 4 Highers and went straight into a job where I've been knocking my pan in ever since.  Paying Income tax and National Insurance, just so you work-shy, lazy, drugged up, alcoholic, tax dodgers can have the times of your lives dressing in the most ridiculous clothes, hanging around with smelly, pimply drug dealers, thinking you're oh so smart, graduating and then doing f**k all apart from moaning about how you'll never pay off your student loans.

Thank You.

Thinking about doing an OU course...any suggestions? :) 

Just now, dee_62 said:

I left school with 10 "O" grades and 4 Highers and went straight into a job where I've been knocking my pan in ever since.  Paying Income tax and National Insurance, just so you work-shy, lazy, drugged up, alcoholic, tax dodgers can have the times of your lives dressing in the most ridiculous clothes, hanging around with smelly, pimply drug dealers, thinking you're oh so smart, graduating and then doing f**k all apart from moaning about how you'll never pay off your student loans.

Thank You.

Anti-social Studies?

The age limit for a statutory pension will probably be 70 by the time our generation get to that age. An absolutely depressing thought but the fact i knew when i graduated i would still have 35 more years of tough slogging ahead of me was one of the main reasons i went to uni despite having it in my head that i was too old for it when i was 24/25.

Just now, throbber said:

The image limit for a statutory pension will probably be 70 by the time our generation get to that age. An absolutely depressing thought but the fact i knew when i graduated i would still have 35 more years of tough slogging ahead of me was one of the main reasons i went to uni despite having it in my head that i was too old for it when i was 24/25.

Not a maths degree then?

43 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Thank You.

Diplomacy

Archived