Shoegaze Thread

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

One of the Swirlies greatest songs released as a single in 1996 and received absolutely no radio play over here. Maybe because American indie rock/ noise rock and shoegaze had fallen out of favour due to music media favouring Britpop, triphop and even John Peel was playing more and more dance music, artists closer to home and Welsh indie bands singing in Welsh. A mini revival came in 2001.

Remember when the Boo Radleys sounded like this -

Hard to get on LP never came out on other formats and this as before they signed to Creation. I received my copy as a promo from APT record distributors. Always chuffed when I get hold of an album from a band that would go on to bigger things.

Saw them support Dinosaur Jr in 1990 or it might have been early 1991 at the Barrows and I think I was the only one who was familiar with these songs at the time, no one there gave any clue that they were familiar with them. They were received well by the crowd at the end. Not as polished as the following two albums (before they changed to a more Britpop sound) but this has a charm of its own. Fave track Catweasle.

Edited by Artie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

What are folks thoughts on the new Slowdive album then? I love it. Andalucia Plays being a particular highlight, also Shanty.

From what i've heard from it so far, it's decent. Will need to give it a proper bash over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...