Shoegaze Thread

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Would be good to get an official release of "Hide Yer Eyes". Personally my favourite Slowdive album by a long way is "Pygmalion". If there is anything unreleased from that era, then I'd love to hear it.

Would be good to get an official release of "Hide Yer Eyes". Personally my favourite Slowdive album by a long way is "Pygmalion". If there is anything unreleased from that era, then I'd love to hear it.

It seems that remaster was unauthorised and has been taken off Spotify, so I wonder how it ended up under their name.

• 1 month later...

As someone who lived through shoegaze mk1 and saw most of the bands involved, I would like to bring these long forgotten chancers to the party. They were to shoegaze what Northside were baggy or Menswear were to britpop and while this was their only good song, it was a cracker and an indie disco favourite at the time.

3 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

As someone who lived through shoegaze mk1 and saw most of the bands involved, I would like to bring these long forgotten chancers to the party. They were to shoegaze what Northside were baggy or Menswear were to britpop and while this was their only good song, it was a cracker and an indie disco favourite at the time.

Debut album was disappointing but the early EP's were quality.  Personally prefer songs like Crimson, Painting Pictures, Red All Over, and Venice ;) 

1 hour ago, Frankie Pinewater said:

Debut album was disappointing but the early EP's were quality.  Personally prefer songs like Crimson, Painting Pictures, Red All Over, and Venice ;) 

Painting Pictures was my gf at the time's favourite. It would be a strong contender for the sappiest song of the whole genre.

• 1 month later...