A fully integrated pyramid system - Proposal

edinabear

I posted this recently on the LL section of the forum. I realise that many are against any type of proposals to merge with Senior football. If the League Pyramid was set up similarly to the attached would this be more plausible for Juniors to join? There would be at least 2 up and 2 down in each league so it should even out eventually. Would also propose 2 relegation places from League 2. Tin hat firmly on!

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see any Junior club wanting to take up any option to join pyramid system. Or any system in fact that would see them join the "pro-leagues" if you will.
It's a fine theory but the fact remains that if Junior clubs were so inclined this would have been looked at previously.
Far as I can see a lot of the more successful junior outfits would lose more than benefit.

There's no way my own club Kilsyth would agree to change to a league format such as this, as it's an expense as it is travelling to the Ayrshire clubs, never mind to the the likes of Newton Stewart, Theave Rovers or Wigton etc. 

Im sure most supporters of other clubs would echo these thoughts on this.

For a country this size, there are far too many 'pro clubs' as it is, without offering the opportunity for even more to join the rest race.
In my opinion, that is.

Is it not the case that teams who wish to have a stab at it can apply to enter the pyramid system anyway, through Lowland League etc?

2 hours ago, KilsythCoyle said:

There's no way my own club Kilsyth would agree to change to a league format such as this, as it's an expense as it is travelling to the Ayrshire clubs, never mind to the the likes of Newton Stewart, Theave Rovers or Wigton etc. 

Im sure most supporters of other clubs would echo these thoughts on this.

Point of order Wigton is in Cumbria.

Anything that can get Junior clubs involved in the pyramid setup then it's got to be a positive. It's got to be the way forward for the lower end of Scottish Football to give it a positive shot in the arm it needs.

Look at how well Edinburgh City have done going up with the added bonus of the £80k minimum league & cup prize money they will receive each year.

It's something that could certainly be looked into. Some people are in favour of the idea and some not so much.

IF they were going to consider it they would have to take a long hard look into it and not just dive in with the first idea they think of.

It can either be a real success and keep things exciting or it can end in complete disaster. No one knows for sure. Are clubs willing to take the risk and jump into the unknown? If it doesn't work out though then it'll be very difficult to just go back to the way it was before

Actually looks okay, although in the West I think you're overestimating the strength of the SoSL by equating it with West Division 1. While there are a handful of sides that would probably hold their own (Wigtown, Saints and a couple of others) once you get down the bottom of that setup you're into village team playing on school playing field territory . Might be better tweaked by adding a South District league.

Oh, and get the Old Firm "B" teams to f**k.

Then we'll talk.

Was never really sure about the pyramid system for the juniors but now Beith have won everything at our level it's the way forward. Clubs that stand still will eventually fail, the buzz of trying to reach spfl3 would be awesome, and the fact we could erect floodlights and play midweek would be great leave the dinosaurs to there 22 game season farce

Some may think otherwise 

5 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

Let me guess you don't attend games every week.

Plenty of clubs have won everything in the juniors over the years non of them have ever wanted to leave for god knows where just because of this. A total nonsense. Beith are what they are what they have always been .

Calm down ffs I know your top of the league buffs no need to get carried away. It's my opinion simple as that, travelling to our big scottish away days wetted the appetite for me, when you gets the opportunity to do so you may change your mind also maybe not.

Do I want to see Beith continue to progress damn straight I do,  we're in a league structure that won't facilitate floodlights as it gives unfair advantage.....haha seriously wtf is that all about. It can't give fixtures we have about 3 pointless cups a season just to fill gaps then 4 games a week to finish the season.  

Hearing a proposal to revamp the west region has been put out to clubs & will be voted on at the agm in the summer

Hope your right , and i hope its to extend the top league and do away with 4 teams going down from the super 1st , that is bonkers !!!!!
If u want to go senior an go that route of the pyramid fair enough but alot of logistics involved , ground upgrades , travelling costs etc ; ?

Archived