Central league

Keyser_Söze82

I played and mates all players at eddlewood before they folded we were always accused of paying players especially off local teams but every player i played with either stayed or had connection to eddlewood or our players even thou they could play juniors or seniors, that's why they stayed the enjoyed playing with mates and there local team i haven't seen colville this year but last time i played them couple year ago they had a few ex templeton albert players who i had few battles with while i was at ferniegair who went on to a really good Drumchapel united side. My point is these boys played amateur for as long as i can remember and only probably moved amateur teams with there pals

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Successful teams or teams who attract players that have ability to play at a higher level will always get accused of paying! That's just jealous individuals or managers who can't attract these types of players or can't keep them at their clubs if they have any! They start the rumours or talking to others at games / on social media and it grows arms and legs!

Michael some great points in your last post, your players can play at a higher level but choose not to! That is their choice and if you can keep them all happy then your gain.

That's wot happens at every amateur team , most players go because there pals with at least 1 player don't think Colville will be any different 

Maybe some people do, others move because they see £££ signs!! We all know it happens in amateur football and completely devalues the grade leaving a huge gap between clubs.

The jealousy towards C park is unreal .. guys on here need to concentrate on there own team and try get them as good as they possibly can be try and have a good go at c park .. what's the old saying " to be the Man . You must beat the man " . That should be the motto in the central dressing rooms 

6 hours ago, KR88 said:

Maybe some people do, others move because they see £££ signs!! We all know it happens in amateur football and completely devalues the grade leaving a huge gap between clubs.

So what if a team Pay or not. Should be a motivation to beat them if it's the case. 

Theres also pitfalls to being successful as you can also attract glory hunters who are only interested in Scottish etc and aint interested when things aint going there way but other teams don't see this either, thats why you need a nucleus of mates playing together to keep being successful plus my relation joe walker is too tight to spend money lol if hes still involved at colville 

So what if a team Pay or not. Should be a motivation to beat them if it's the case. 

It's "amateur" football, you shouldn't have to use a team having money as a motivation to beat them.

It should be an even playing field and the best prevail. That is not the case as we all know.

"He wants to play with his pals" is s poor excuse for a pro or top level junior to step down to amateur.

Kr88 isnt always poor excuse my best mate left albion rovers to play with us also a local boy cause he was only getting 30 quid a week there and with midweek travelling and losing Saturday morning shift with travelling he was actually better off working and playing amateur than playing senior aint always about teams paying money 

Joes still the official gaffer, it's guys like him at the club I feel sorry who has been at the club for over 20 years giving up so much time. People forget Colville have only been competing at the top for 10 years, when Gerry took over. Since then Joe, Andy and Gerry have worked so hard given up so much time, at times at the detriment to their family life to ensure the club continues to grows and compete.

The ammount of time they give up to wash kit, training gear, towels and everything else. They are down at the club about 5 times a week making sure evrything is prepared for the players and myself. They are just normal guys with 9-5 jobs not rich business men. 

I was so fortunate to be given the opportunity to manage Colville 2 years ago. 

And I Know there are guys like them up and down the country running clubs, sometimes they don't get enough credit they keep amateur football going it's not players, mangers, league committees it's these unsung heroes giving so much. 

That my rant for the day 

8 hours ago, KR88 said:

It's "amateur" football, you shouldn't have to use a team having money as a motivation to beat them.

It should be an even playing field and the best prevail. That is not the case as we all know.

"He wants to play with his pals" is s poor excuse for a pro or top level junior to step down to amateur.

Says who? If someone offered you money to play you'd reject? No chance 

if someone wants to pay money so be it. It's just jealousy 

Says who? If someone offered you money to play you'd reject? No chance 
if someone wants to pay money so be it. It's just jealousy 

Presume you are someone who accepts payment then or has done in the past?

I am certainly not jealous. I am heavily involved with a club at junior level and don't take any payment. I have no interest in taking payment for a sport I love....my point is amateur footballers should not be paid end off. It happens, we all know it does but it's not right.

13 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Joes still the official gaffer, it's guys like him at the club I feel sorry who has been at the club for over 20 years giving up so much time. People forget Colville have only been competing at the top for 10 years, when Gerry took over. Since then Joe, Andy and Gerry have worked so hard given up so much time, at times at the detriment to their family life to ensure the club continues to grows and compete.

The ammount of time they give up to wash kit, training gear, towels and everything else. They are down at the club about 5 times a week making sure evrything is prepared for the players and myself. They are just normal guys with 9-5 jobs not rich business men. 

I was so fortunate to be given the opportunity to manage Colville 2 years ago. 

And I Know there are guys like them up and down the country running clubs, sometimes they don't get enough credit they keep amateur football going it's not players, mangers, league committees it's these unsung heroes giving so much. 

That my rant for the day 

You should get a weekly press conference with all the managerial buzzwords you hit out with on here :D

Archived