Ayr United v Morton

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Morton at Somerset earlier in the season and they were pretty dreadful and Jim Duffy seemed hugely unpopular with the fans - some turnaround really.  Just shows you the difference a couple of decent signings can make.

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is Duffy still on borrowed time or has he turned things around enough for you guys?

He's borrowed about 18 months now so he should be sound for a while.

Personally I called for his head after that game at Somerset, but then he went out and signed Gunning & Murdoch while the players he brought in in the summer gelled, and the turnaround has been incredible - we've lost twice in the 15 league games since, nine of them wins. It'd be ridiculous to question his position now with where he has us sitting in the league.

51 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

So, now that Morton are big time promotion challengers, think there will be a huge crowd heading down to Somerset?

There was no parent and child gate last time I was at Somerset and I vowed not to return. I also did this at the second visit that season.

Thankfully it's on TV this time and will spare me the dilemma.

There was no parent and child gate last time I was at Somerset and I vowed not to return. I also did this at the second visit that season.

Personally, I think it's shocking. Trying to discourage supporters is criminal with the state of Scottish football. So is not being able to use contactless payment.

Don't know why clubs cannot look at ways of making it easier to go to a football match.

Customers experience has to be right to return, and I'm talking about the silent majority out there who don't go every week.

We get to a semi final and our crowd increases 900%. These are the ones we should be pandering to.

I mean, how hard can a parent and child gate be to organise?

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is Duffy still on borrowed time or has he turned things around enough for you guys?

Ill be honest I've never been a fan of Duffy and at the start of the season I was calling for him to be sacked. Overall he's done a fantastic job although there have been hiccups along the way. He's won me over this season. He's got a young, talented bunch of footballers who work their arses off for each other. Don't think I've liked a group of Morton players so much in years. Really hope we can tie down the majority of this squad on long term deals as well as getting Duffy and mcpherson signed up as well. Seriously doubt that'll happen though as a lot of bigger clubs will be keeping an eye on a lot of our players. 

Ill be honest I've never been a fan of Duffy and at the start of the season I was calling for him to be sacked. Overall he's done a fantastic job although there have been hiccups along the way. He's won me over this season. He's got a young, talented bunch of footballers who work their arses off for each other. Don't think I've liked a group of Morton players so much in years. Really hope we can tie down the majority of this squad on long term deals as well as getting Duffy and mcpherson signed up as well. Seriously doubt that'll happen though as a lot of bigger clubs will be keeping an eye on a lot of our players. 

That's the thing in Scotland when you get it right, usually the squad gets dismantled or the gaffer gets a better gig with more money

Under 16s are 5 quid at somerset. Cant complain about that surely? Was 8 quid last season.

Archived