Romeo

Guest Moomintroll

I’ve seen many harrowing sites today.  Visited the wanasse house.  The commonwealth war graves truly puts the immense sacrifice people made visually in front of you.  I spent more time in the topography of terror as I had to rush through it last time.  

The biggest outrage I saw today however was this.

You can get pineapple on a burger in McDonald’s.

8938BAB5-2E26-4D2C-B510-7B48C5B60067.thumb.jpeg.1208f43a307180d1b7f3791469c1add5.jpeg

Neu were such an influential band though.

I’m heading back to Berlin early next year for my mates Stag doo. I’ve been before with the wife but this will be the first in a big group.

We are all a fair bit older late 30’s early 40’s with the stags old boy in his 60’s.

Looking for a few recommendations for decent pubs to go to as we are a mixed crowd. Not too fussed on clubbing.

Hertha are away that weekend but Union are at home to Wolfsburg. Will it be easy enough to get tickets? I’ve been to Hertha games before and they are quite geared for ‘tourist’ supporters not sure if Union are the same.

Cheers for the help in advance.

7 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’m heading back to Berlin early next year for my mates Stag doo. I’ve been before with the wife but this will be the first in a big group.

We are all a fair bit older late 30’s early 40’s with the stags old boy in his 60’s.

Looking for a few recommendations for decent pubs to go to as we are a mixed crowd. Not too fussed on clubbing.

Hertha are away that weekend but Union are at home to Wolfsburg. Will it be easy enough to get tickets? I’ve been to Hertha games before and they are quite geared for ‘tourist’ supporters not sure if Union are the same.

Chances for Union tickets are between next to non-existant & none, even more so if there's a group of you.

Demand for home tickets is massive. Stadium holds just 22.000.

On 29/08/2019 at 23:07, ScottR96 said:

Heading back for a weekend in November, almost a year since I was last there. Been desperate to go back ever since. 

Stayed in Friedrichshain last time, about 10 minute walk from Boxhagener Platz which was excellent but keen to stay in Kreuzberg this time as I never saw much of it last year. Does anyone have any recommendations for the Kreuzberg area? I'm mostly interested in scoffing copious amounts of German lager as opposed to touristy stuff having done that last time, but having a rough idea where to base myself in Kreuzberg would be handy. 

I am also planning on taking in the Hertha game, at home to Leipzig. Presumably easy enough to get briefs?

You'll no doubt be in Berlin Hauptbahnhof at some point, even if it's just to catch a connecting train. There's a Hertha shop in there where you can buy tickets. Make sure you take your passport as they will ask to see it to get you set up on the system. 

On 31/08/2019 at 22:14, wellboy1991 said:

Someone else asked about Union tickets on the Bundesliga thread, have a look using the link above. It'll be pretty impossible. Wolfsburg usually have a pretty gubbins away following, maybe you could get tickets for the away end. I would suggest looking elsewhere though, there are plenty of lower league/regional teams in the area (BFC Dynamo, Altglienicke, Hertha II, Tennis Borussia Berlin, Berliner AK, Babelsberg etc)

I was just in Berlin over the weekend, looked at getting a ticket for the Union v Dortmund game but it was basically impossible unless you pay through the roof.

Great city and loved it. It was 33 degrees Saturday and Sunday which was excellent.

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone have any experience going to see Viktoria Berlin? They're at home to Dynamo Berlin when I'm over in a few weeks and wouldn't mind taking it in. Easy enough or is pointless even trying?

It should be easy enough, you can buy tickets online so just keep an eye on the website.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/11/2019 at 10:05, AyrTroopMajor said:

FAO anyone going to Berlin

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-escape-tunnel-under-berlin-wall-opens-to-public/a-51157303 

An escape tunnel from East to West Berlin has opened to the public for the first time. Looks excellent.

Thanks. Heading there mid Feb, this is now on the to do list

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2020 at 21:16, wellboy1991 said:

Heading this weekend on a Stag Doo as mentioned a wee bit above.

Any help on best places to go to for a group of guys in our late 30’s & 40’s.

Decent music, beer and some candy for the eye would be preferable.

The Friedrichshain area of the city is good for bars etc with decent music. Eye candy is debatable unless you are referring to some deliciously juicy pints in which case that is also an unquestionable yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
With any luck that will be the strangest holiday I ever go on. 

Berlin is pretty much on lockdown. All the museums, pubs and restaurants are closed. Nothing to do but walk the streets, talk of shutting down parks this week too.