• Higgins
  • Marshall
  • Thomas
  • Hamill
  • Jacobs
  • Dykes
  • Dobbie
  • Lyle

Subs Atkinson, Hooper, Carmichael, Murray, Bell, Fergusson, + another. Anyone else in the 20s squad and half decent?                             

Most of the 20's are out on loan and ineligible to play 1st team for us. Only ones still with us are Cameron Copland (another GK), Shane Glean (left back), Ayrton Sonkur (Centre Back mostly now though he was a striker or attacking midfielder in the youths) and Robbie Hogg (Winger). I don't see him giving any of them a squad number just to make up numbers on the bench if he doesn't think they are ready. He has gone short on the first team bench a couple of times already rather than bring up others.

Could of course list both Jim Atkinson and Jack Leighfield on the bench and go with two sub keepers a la Gary Locke's Raith Rovers!

United's recent poor form continues with a 3-0 defeat away at Falkirk today.
It's a pity that we'll have a makeshift midfield for our cup tie next Saturday but I'm quietly confident that we can get a result against them and have another cup final to look forward to.
Mon the South [emoji170]

Hope the DUFC management team and players are as disinterested in this cup tie as the supporters are.if we had been able to play our new signings I would have been quite confident - even without them we should still have decent chance.

2 hours ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Let's start the build-up to this game. Can Queens get to their fifth final in the Challenge Cup? Two wins and two defeats so far.

Am I right in saying we've only lost once at the semi-final stage - 1991 was it, at Ayr when we'd led 2-0?

We've won all the other semi-finals I can think of.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Am I right in saying we've only lost once at the semi-final stage - 1991 was it, at Ayr when we'd led 2-0?

We've won all the other semi-finals I can think of.

You certainly won the semi final in 2008!

32 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Pity that the final was a disappointment after Hutton's howler early on with the pass back that he missed completely.

Apart from the fact that the Hutton game wasn`t 2008 (it was 2011) and that he dithered on a pass back rather than missing it completely you are spot on

Archived