How many clubs run with/without a physio these days?

Footiedaft

Do most clubs have a physio tied to the clubs these days or do they prefer an arrangement with a locally based physio for injury repair?

How many clubs still leave it to the players to find their own physio?

At the end of the day I guess it will all come down to cost but having recently spoken to a player who when injured was left to recover and return to training when he felt ready I was wondering what the wider position was.

Also spoke to a physio who volunteers at a club on Saturdays and a couple of nights a week if needed. Got to admire people giving up their time on that basis for their local club.

The majority of clubs will have a physio or person with first aid experience in the dugout on match days, and possibly training nights twice a week, paid or voluntary this will be on a par time basis. I can't imagine junior football clubs having the funding or the need for a full time physio, as demand and player availability is limited  

Individual players may want to obtain the services of a physio outwith the football club, that is their choice, but they may need to pay for this privately, or through injury insurance this will probably be when the injury is more severe and rehabilitation will take longer for that individual to regain their fitness.

the player you mentioned that was injured and left to recover on his own will be i'm sure an isolated occurrence, and not the norm within the junior game.

As of those physios that do the job voluntary, will in most cases be supporters of the club and understand the financial restraints and well being of the players within the club, 

For me personally I love being involved within my club doing what i can in some small way to help 

It is a common misconception amongst big club followers that everything in football is about money. As you say shooders there are ,thank god, a big majority in football who do it for the love of a club or the game. Unfortunatly at the top there is now far to much concern   with pieces of paper and money. Long live the silent majority!

Archived