Album of 2017

Ira Gaines

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I finished my list last year, mainly because I just stopped listening to music in the last few months. But I'm back now and there's a lot I'm looking forward to.

1. Wiley - Godfather.

2. The Menzingers - After The Party.

3. Migos - Culture.

4. Sampha - Process.

5. Kehlani - SweetSexySavage.

6. Big Sean - I Decided.

7. Train - A Girl, a Bottle, a Boat. 

8. MUNA - About U.

Pretty strong start, really liking my top 5 right now. Anything outside of top 5 was alright, good elements in each album but they won't last long in this list at all.

My list is currently looking like:

1. The xx - I See You

2. Flo Morrissey & Matthew E. White - Gentlewoman, Ruby Man

3. Ryan Adams - Prisoner

4. Menace Beach - Lemon Memory

5. Fufanu - Sports

6. Bash & Pop - Anything Could Happen

Strong list so far. Haven't listened to a bad album this year yet. Looking forward to getting round to listening to the Tift Merritt album, and then King Gizzard and Mthyl Ethel in the next few weeks.

Pretty short list for me so far, as I've only really listened to 3 new albums so far this year:

1. Dave Hause - Bury me in Philly.
2. The Menzingers - After the Party.
3. Deaf Havana - All These Countless Nights.

They've been like that for a while. Heard the singles and decided to give the album a miss as it'd be the same old shit. Fair dos for trying to make a bit of money with their music but they're not very good at more commercial music.

Their self-titled was a step back into the right direction after the disaster that was Changing Tune but wasn't on par with Far Q or World Record. I understand that they're desperate to make more money but it's absolute shite they're putting out though. It goes completely against what they've stood for in the past as well with their 'f**k It To The Man tour' etc.

Anyways, my updated list:

1. Deaf Havana - All These Countless Nights
2. Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Modern Ruin
3. Vant - Dumb Blood
4. WSTR - Red, Green or Inbetween
5. Ryan Hamilton & the Traitors - The Devil's in the Detail

With releases from The Smith Street Band, While She Sleeps, Can't Swim and The Gospel Youth still to come, it's shaping up to be a good year music wise for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived