Forfar v Stirling

23 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Ref wasn't dreadful, got it spot on imo regarding the yellow cards to Forfar players with the exception of Cox should have been booked for pushing away an Albion player when tackled. The reason he only booked 1 Albion player was because they were not fouling all the time. Look at the number of your players who got booked for fouling Bikey. including getting a penalty awarded against them.

Cox got some pretty rough treatment first half and unbelievable the Stirling left back wasn't booked. Bikey should have been booked for kicking travis in the head, no intent but it was dangerous play. Other than that I thought ref was fine.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Cox got some pretty rough treatment first half and unbelievable the Stirling left back wasn't booked. Bikey should have been booked for kicking travis in the head, no intent but it was dangerous play. Other than that I thought ref was fine.

Clearly not as rough as Bikey got, otherwise the ref would have booked more Albion players.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

My neutral view.

Not impressed by bikey, all pace no product. 

Travis looks a really good player.

Rumour has it signing for you in a couple of weeks. If you don't want him if you sign him can you loan him back to us please it would be much appreciated at Forthbank. :thumsup2

My neutral view.
Not impressed by bikey, all pace no product. 

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but there is no doubt that Bikey is a good player for this level. Good enough to move to the top end of the Championship......I'm not convinced he is, which is probably why we have managed to keep onto him for about 8 weeks now.

55 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned quigleys performance yesterday. I thought he was excellent and along with robertson and Bikey I'd say he was our best player.

Good all round team performance yesterday, but for me Bikey was the best player for us yesterday, caused problems for the Forfar defence yesterday, no wonder 3 of their players got booked trying to stop him.

21 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Foxy was injured, so McCawl could've played and we could've limited the changes to a team that was flying. Swankie is never ever a centre mid.

Foxy wasn't injured, saw Mrs Foxy there, would she have bothered going if he was injured?? pretty sure I heard her say to someone he was fit and he came off last week with a dead leg. Certainly missed him in midfield, I'm thinking bolan left him out because he is not available next week, maybe wanted to try something different. 

I'm surprised no one's mentioned quigleys performance yesterday. I thought he was excellent and along with robertson and Bikey I'd say he was our best player.

I was personally impressed with Robertson thought he played well before being subsisted, Bikey likewise caused our defence all sorts out problems he'll be a big influence for the rest of the season if yous manage to keep him!

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but there is no doubt that Bikey is a good player for this level. Good enough to move to the top end of the Championship......I'm not convinced he is, which is probably why we have managed to keep onto him for about 8 weeks now.

Spot on.....be lucky to play at the top of the 1st.

8 hours ago, rhliston said:

Ref wasn't dreadful, got it spot on imo regarding the yellow cards to Forfar players with the exception of Cox should have been booked for pushing away an Albion player when tackled. The reason he only booked 1 Albion player was because they were not fouling all the time. Look at the number of your players who got booked for fouling Bikey. including getting a penalty awarded against them.

Cox wasn't tackled, he was fouled, that's why Forfar got the free kick.  Perhaps he should have got a yellow, but the foul should have received a yellow too.

Also, Swankie committed one foul, tripping McLaren, Colquhoun's foul on Cox was way worse and he escaped a booking.  Bikey's high foot challenge on Travis is a yellow everyday of the week, unintentional but still a yellow.  Inconsistency in the refereeing, as previously mentioned.  Foul count was pretty even to be honest, Cox and Bikey being the main recipients.

Archived