how do i delete my account

CowdenPhil

Question

8 answers to this question

You need to face in the direction of the former Love Street and perform an ancient rain dance in the style of the peoples of Harar, Eastern Ethiopia.

Alternatively you may submit your resignation in the form of interpretative dance on a Betamax tape for immediate consideration.

If it's about those private messages though Phil, don't worry. The secret is safe with me.

14 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

How do i delete my profile on p&b 

We don't tend to delete accounts, as it can cause some strange behaviour where you've contributed to a topic. The posts you made there are part of that topic and we want them to remain.

We can of course close your account, just click on Support in the top menu, then click the New Request button and request us to do that and we'll effectively ban your account from logging in again.

7 hours ago, Div said:

We don't tend to delete accounts, as it can cause some strange behaviour where you've contributed to a topic. The posts you made there are part of that topic and we want them to remain.

We can of course close your account, just click on Support in the top menu, then click the New Request button and request us to do that and we'll effectively ban your account from logging in again.

See all the posters that get banned, but return under different usernames, did they get ineffective bans?

19 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

See all the posters that get banned, but return under different usernames, did they get ineffective bans?

Nope, they just registered accounts using different email addresses.

If someone REALLY wants to create a new account there is very little we can do to stop them. Even blocking IP addresses is pretty futile as most ISPs dynamically change addresses on a regular basis so one user doesn't have the same IP for long. And even then for those with a fixed IP address there are anonymous proxy servers, VPNs etc etc......

A bit geeky but that's the explanation :-)

6 minutes ago, Div said:

Nope, they just registered accounts using different email addresses.

If someone REALLY wants to create a new account there is very little we can do to stop them. Even blocking IP addresses is pretty futile as most ISPs dynamically change addresses on a regular basis so one user doesn't have the same IP for long. And even then for those with a fixed IP address there are anonymous proxy servers, VPNs etc etc......

A bit geeky but that's the explanation :-)

It's a better response than my post deserved, tbh.

Archived