SoS/Lowland League quality gap

Forgive my ignorance if I'm showing it but the top of the EoS league doesn't seem to different from the bottom of the Lowland League but the gap between SoS and Lowland seems sizeable. Is this the case? What's the hope/chances of bridging it anytime soon? Are there any clubs in the SoS that could go on and be comfortable in the tier above (or beyond)?

There have been wins for SOSL clubs over LL clubs in cups - but no-one has a particularly formidable record. Leaving aside results against Threave, who are now back in SOSL, you have got... Wigtown, who have beaten Dalbeattie twice and Vale once, giving the best record; Newton Stewart who have beaten Dalbeattie twice, one being on penalties; St Cuthbert and Edusport who have each beaten Dalbeattie once; Abbey Vale who beat BSCG; and Threave back in SOSL this season who beat Vale. It's not been on the same scale as EOSL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You will be able to judge for yourself assimbutt if and when Wigtown and bladnoch get promotion from ssfl

Their is talk that Wigtown are not going through with promotion to the Lowland League if they win the South League?
What punishment will they receive for that?
I can understand it would cripple them financially if they were to be promoted, look at Threave Rovers they couldn't sustain the Lowland League financially either.
Will they lose their remaining games which would let Edu win the League. I'm sure they are licensed so could be promoted.

Their is talk that Wigtown are not going through with promotion to the Lowland League if they win the South League?
What punishment will they receive for that?
I can understand it would cripple them financially if they were to be promoted, look at Threave Rovers they couldn't sustain the Lowland League financially either.
Will they lose their remaining games which would let Edu win the League. I'm sure they are licensed so could be promoted.

No one really knows the answer to either of your two questions for sure...

I know a number of the clubs in the south are unsure of the Lowland League...

There are a number of potential punishments so it's really tough to speculate! Also would be a matter for the LL/SoSFL AND(!!) the SFA...

I know the boys though and I'm certain the title will be all they are looking at with the intention to look at the consequences if/when they come

And finally - Wigtown, Saints and Edu - are all licensed teams!

Archived