Martin McGuinness resigns, Stormont in chaos

ICTChris

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has resigned as Deputy First Minister in protest at the NI Executives handling of a fuel reimbursement scheme. The scheme, begun under now FM Arlene Foster during her time as enterprise minister to encourage renewable energy use, had massive flaws in its execution and could cost the NIE billions of pounds.

The resignation puts the whole Northern Irish devolved assembly into flux - there will likely be new elections and if SInn Fein and the aDUP can't reach agreement there could be deadlock.

I doubt many people thought that wood burning stoves would end up bringing down the Good Friday Agreement.

Any P&Bers from BUNFIELD-Land been ripping off the government?

Time for Arlene to be given sweeping executive powers

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A bit of advice that Lord Mountbatten could have been doing with.

Ach he needed a pastime in between his visit to a certain Kincora guest house

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And the two wee boys who were murdered with him. McGuinness was the IRA Chief of Staff at the time.

But that was politics Rob. That's more important than human beings. Surely you should be allowed to murder at will. I mean as long as it's political. RIP Jean McConville

...and many many more. Given the Provos blew up Arlene Foster's school bus because the driver was in the UDR (a TV news interview she did in the aftermath launched her on the path to a career in politics) and tried to murder her father in the family home when she was a child, I'm amazed she can even bear being in the same room as McGuinness.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and many many more. Given the Provos blew up Arlene Foster's school bus because the driver was in the UDR (a TV news interview she did in the aftermath launched her on the path to a career in politics) and tried to murder her father in the family home when she was a child, I'm amazed she can even bear being in the same room as McGuinness.

I was once in a room with a man who supported political murders. This was my response.

Funny_b8fdcf_5401400.gif

22 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And the two wee boys who were murdered with him. McGuinness was the IRA Chief of Staff at the time.

*Shrugs shoulders* "These things happen in war" B. McFarlane

5 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

I was once in a room with a man who supported political murders. This was my response.

Funny_b8fdcf_5401400.gif

so he stayed in the room as you undressed and started rubbing yourself getting ready for an anal eruption?

seems legit

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Whenever McGuinness was Education Minister, I was at a meeting at our local school. I can't remember what the problem was now, but one of the other parents suggested contacting the Education Minister about it. That got short shrift from one of the other parents present, one of whose brothers had been murdered by the IRA, McGuiness at the time being the local "commander".

But that was politics Rob. That's more important than human beings. Surely you should be allowed to murder at will. I mean as long as it's political. RIP Jean McConville

When he's eventually hauled downstairs, there will be few with more blood on their hands than Martin McGuinness. (Perhaps until he's joined by Gerry Adams)

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

When he's eventually hauled downstairs, there will be few with more blood on their hands than Martin McGuinness. (Perhaps until he's joined by Gerry Adams)

God forgive them. To err is human, and they have been all to human

Archived