Falkirk v Ayr Pt3

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hippo is a fine physical specimen. You know you've got a dangerous player when opposing fans don't want to see him playing. He's the kind of player I like paying to watch. My only minor criticism is that he rarely just puts it past the man on the wing and runs. He's quick enough to get away with it. Always cuts in or sideways

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Hippo is a fine physical specimen. You know you've got a dangerous player when opposing fans don't want to see him playing. He's the kind of player I like paying to watch. My only minor criticism is that he rarely just puts it past the man on the wing and runs. He's quick enough to get away with it. Always cuts in or sideways

Shepherd could use the old Alan Irvine move a bit more too. He  had the Dunfermline left back easily beaten for pace but only once did he knock it long and cruise past him.

Shepherd could use the old Alan Irvine move a bit more too. He  had the Dunfermline left back easily beaten for pace but only once did he knock it long and cruise past him.

Agreed. Jees Alan Irvine. That takes me back. I wrote to him as a youth and he wrote back to me (handwritten in those days) an eight page letter. Brilliant stuff too. It's in the loft somewhere with my programmes.

Or his diving or pulling back a player!

He could easily be our poty if he would cut the antics, and he'll get the big move.

Huge potential.

Agreed. Jees Alan Irvine. That takes me back. I wrote to him as a youth and he wrote back to me (handwritten in those days) an eight page letter. Brilliant stuff too. It's in the loft somewhere with my programmes.

Just think what Alan Irvine would bring to our team now, power, pace, aggression and skill!
The league would be ours.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

What is an end product? Does Ross Docherty have an end product? Does Jamie Adams have an end product? 

Crawford, since Docherty signed, has 4 goals in 61 games, Doc has 1 in 60 and the 2 play a similar role, with Crawford more of a driving force.

I'm not a Crawford hater whatsoever but him and Docherty don't remotely play a similar role. 

Docherty also doesn't have an end product and he doesn't particularly need to but is still one of our best players. 

Yeah, you've both kind of made my point for me, Crawford's game will take him into more advanced positions more often and so I'd like to see him getting a few more goals or even developing a better final ball to create chances for others.
I'd have him in the team far more often than not though.

I'm not Crawford's biggest fan but in all fairness to him, I think he's been played out of position for the majority of McCall's tenure. I don't see him as an attacking midfielder/winger, he was far more effective playing central midfield under Roberts.

If we had a couple of decent wide players, he'd be nowhere near the team.

What is an end product? Does Ross Docherty have an end product? Does Jamie Adams have an end product? 

Crawford, since Docherty signed, has 4 goals in 61 games, Doc has 1 in 60 and the 2 play a similar role, with Crawford more of a driving force.

I blame Sky Sports for this type of utter nonsense!!!

Did Henderson get injured last night or was he possibly took off to feature in the first team squad now that rankin is away as we know houstie loves a centre mid option ?

Was given an ice pack on the bench. May have been a precaution as he didn't seem to get an injury

For weeks after we were shite people were rightfully shouting at Houston to change it. He tinkered a few times v Dunfermline and Hibs and seems to have got it right v Raith.

Now that we are winning, fans still want change. Fuxake.

What happened to if it's not broke don't fix it?

Archived