• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think saints gave a good account of themselves today. They'll likely take confidence from today and start stringing result together. 

I enjoyed today's game even though it wasn't the result I was hoping for. 

Fairly even game. St Mirren had a lot of the ball early on, without creating much. We had a few chances (Ashcroft header, McMullan in behind defence) before the penalty. St Mirren made the change at half time, which prevented our strikers getting so much space. Their big number 6 was winning everything, and it was no surprise when he scored - very nearly got another, but for an outstanding save. Langfield also made a great save from Clark. St Mirren looked a very good passing team, particularly second half, just lacking that cutting edge. Loy and Storie only had a few days with their new teammates, so that may come. They're certainly not doomed yet!

Minus that miss I would've had Moffat down as the best player on the pitch.

Unfortunately though he did miss.

Agree on that. First half in particular, Moffat was running the show. Their number 6 couldn't cope with him. Defended better against him second half though. Herron was very good today, but have to agree with Higginbotham as man of the match once again. Need to get him tied up to a new deal. Can't risk losing him!

All points to a comfortable home win. We look so confident just now. As long as we keep playing the way we have been and not expecting results, it should be a Pars victory. 

Going for a 3-0 home win.

1484415479485.jpg

We should win. I think we have to win. There's no point in going on such a good run and then dropping points at home to the worst team in the league. 

Would be nice to see a bumper crowd in recognition of the side's recent efforts.

1484415479485.jpg

We created a lot of chances against QOS , they went up the park 4 to 5 times and scored three one an Ogada.  This is our season so far. The young players are our shinning light. With Storie added and hopfully Loy added we see a bit more positive results. One can only hope. 

1484415479485.jpg

This is our first real test to see if we're good enough to challenge for the promotion play-offs. We need to be beating the bottom side if that's a realistic ambition, especially with the run we're on. Another win and Falkirk/Morton are our targets - a defeat and we're looking back to Ayr/Dumbarton.

I don't think we played particularly well on Saturday but came away with a 2-0 win. Hope we keep the same team despite Morris coming in. We should win - but it's the Pars so probably won't.

1484415479485.jpg

Good job all round.

I didn't really enjoy that. Too cold. Draw probably fair. Good corners from St Mirren. Some flashes of skill from Pars let down by crappy finishes. 

Moffat really needs help. He's a fantastic footballer up to the point he has to shoot. He crumbles. It's like he has a spell cast on him. 

With the chances created only scoring 1 is disappointing. Don't think moffat's miss was actually that bad tbh, looked like it bobbled in front of him and on the stretch it's hard to control. Not as bad as not scoring when McMillan was in behind with Clark in support.

Our defending of set pieces was poor. Got away with one in the first half. Conceded and yet still free headers were available.

Collum refusing to give out cards even with obvious decisions was a tad ridiculous, as was giving Sutton every decision he could.

Feels like 2 points dropped but we keep the unbeaten run going. Tbh looks like we are destined to be mid-table nobodies, that suits me just fine.

I didn't really enjoy that. Too cold. Draw probably fair. Good corners from St Mirren. Some flashes of skill from Pars let down by crappy finishes. 
Moffat really needs help. He's a fantastic footballer up to the point he has to shoot. He crumbles. It's like he has a spell cast on him. 

That miss at the back post was crazy. Seriously could a five year old not score that?

Thought we were lucky to come away with a point today, got Langfield and no.9 being useless to thank for that. Good result and we were unlucky with a couple of chances but Dunfermline made far better chances in the second half. That miss in the second half makes you wonder if Gary Mac hadn't taken him down for the penalty and let him go on to shoot, we could've left with a win as his finishing was garbage.

I thought no.8 for Dunfermline was everywhere in the second half, really impressive performance. Worrying to lose a couple of players to injury. Stories was quite busy in midfield I like the look of him. McAllister put in a good shift but he needs to improve his decision making when he's is in or around the box.

Archived