With so many St Mirren threads riding high on the board, I had to double check this hadn't already been started.

The first two encounters have been tight with only one goal separating the sides each time. Although the last game at East End produced a 7 goal "thriller" or defending shitfest as I recall.

Can Dunfermline keep the unbeaten run going? Can St Mirren find a glimmer of hope?

Unfortunately, form is on paper and this game will be played on grass.

Think our team will be pretty much unchanged as 4 goals without reply in our last two games makes it difficult to drop anyone.

IMG_1483896544.067238.jpgIMG_1483896554.835075.jpgIMG_1483896752.313562.jpgIMG_1483896840.491680.thumb.jpg.c78170b0

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All points to a comfortable home win. We look so confident just now. As long as we keep playing the way we have been and not expecting results, it should be a Pars victory. 

Going for a 3-0 home win.

I don't think we got what we deserved out of either game v the Pars this year, thought we were good for a draw at least in the first game- Kyle Hutton sold the jerseys and was banished to Airdrie as a consequence. 

Sadly Dunfermline are on the type of run we need, and the QOS game just showed how weak the team is in all areas. Jack Ross has to hope his signings are Isma and Dorman esq to stay in this league e

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pars 0 - 1 St Mirren

We have to run out of steam, make some f**k up or have an off-day soon. Be good to see Big Cal Morris get run-out at some point. Seeing him flatten people is poetry in motion. 

Bring on a centre half as a sub? You really are strange. 

Any Pars fan going against our own team in this one given our current form then I bet you don't actually go to the games.

Armchair/keyboard thumping/cardigan wearing fans, tch tch.

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Any Pars fan going against our own team in this one given our current form then I bet you don't actually go to the games.

Armchair/keyboard thumping/cardigan wearing fans, tch tch.

I was a fairly lone voice when we pumped Morton. I was sure we'd win and sure Moff would tear them a new one. Not because Morton were bad or we were on great form but because we were in that chaotic spell of penalties and red cards galore. There was going to come a point when it all fell in our favour. On current form we could hammer St Mirren and the players may feel we've let teams off lightly recently and want to give someone a doing.. But.. are we good enough to go nine unbeaten? Statistically we must be due some royal balls-up. An early sending off, missed penalty, sickness bug. Nothing to do with going against my team. All good things must come to an end.

The Airdrie game at home around this time last season springs to mind. We had an off-day and got turned over. Jack Ross has to regroup his players and a tough(ish) away game is ideal. No pressure to entertain the fans or play a certain way. He can try and get a siege mentality going this week. They can come here to sit tight and frustrate us. I'm just a bit wary of this one.

Our games against Saints have been in our favour. I don't see that changing this weekend.

I honestly think we're better equipped to deal with things as a unit now than the earlier part of the season. I won't dwell on the luck factor, I don't pay too much attention to that aspect.

We can work hard on continually improving, proving our resilience and gaining confidence along the way makes us harder to beat and more likely to win. 

I'm not over confident, just now beginning to believe we're playing nearer our full potential.

Looking forward to it.

Archived