DUFC v QOTS

13 minutes ago, JessieField said:

The last two United goals are so spawny it's unbelievable.

Spawny as in given away by terrible defending? :unsure2:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dan at fault for the second and Marshall for the third IMO.

Neither do particularly well but Im not sure you can blame just them. Even after the balls played back in for the second, Marshall and Brownlie have chances to clear and Dowie and Jacobs have the chance to block the shot. I dont think you can single any of them out.

Similarly with the third, Marshall should be closer to Murray but Hamill could do more to stop the cross and Brownlie should really be doing better at the near post. Again, pretty harsh to single one out as "at fault"

The second United goal really does look pretty disastrous.  

It's absolutely comfortable for the defence when it's looped back into the air.  Presenting a chance there was really rather avoidable.  Annoying too, because it sounded at that stage as if we were very comfortable in the game.  There didn't really appear to be a way back into the game for Dundee United at all, until we gave them one.

30 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Spawny as in the ball broke kindly for United for both goals.

It only broke kindly after the ineptitude that preceded it, especially their second goal as MT says.

We defend at times as though we are trying to set up a chance for the opposition.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Meh, watched it again, it might be a foul but there's not a lot in it. I'd have been annoyed if it was given against us in the same circumstances. By the same token I'm sure United will claim, with some justification, that there was a foul by us in midfield in the build up to our second.

The United 2nd is a bit messy and preventable. Danny doesn't track Toshney and then when it's lifted back into the box it's not a good cross but Marshall stretches for it and just gets something on it, enough to deflect it against Brownlie who would otherwise probably have dealt with it easily enough and into the path of Fraser, who probably mis-hits it into the corner. He doesn't connect with it properly and it bobbles in.

We're a wee bit unlucky not to nick the ball in the build up to the 3rd too but it's a dangerous cross fired in low eventually and once that happens then anything can result. Credit to Murray for getting in on the end of it.

A draw was fair in the end though having been 3-1 up there's a sense of disappointment there inevitably. I think we've put in two of our best League performances all season at Tannadice.

Where can I see highlights?

43 minutes ago, MOTD Wannabee said:

Extended highlights...

Excellent highlights as ever. I'd forgotten a couple of those early United chances. First time I've seen how decent a save it is right at the end from Lee too. Couple of great saves from him first half also.

Archived