DUFC v QOTS

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

For a Premiership stadium the parking is rubbish, especially when theres another one literally a stone throw away. It would take less time to walk between the two stadiums than it would to your car.

That's not something to be criticised.

The ground wasn't designed for your convenience.   Give me a town/city centre ground any day, rather than one next to a B&Q and fourteen roundabouts (circles).

The fact that you get two so close together in Dundee is one of Scottish football's most delightful quirks.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's not something to be criticised.

The ground wasn't designed for your convenience.   Give me a town/city centre ground any day, rather than one next to a B&Q and fourteen roundabouts (circles).

The fact that you get two so close together in Dundee is one of Scottish football's most delightful quirks.

I've nothing against either stadium but for two such big stadiums the absolute lack of parking is really poor. 

For some people, its a necessity rather than a convenience. Neither club even offers reasonable disabled parking. It really is something to be criticised

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I've nothing against either stadium but for two such big stadiums the absolute lack of parking is really poor. 

For some people, its a necessity rather than a convenience. Neither club even offers reasonable disabled parking. It really is something to be criticised

Well that's probably a fair point.

Your initial post however, did appear to focus on the inconvenience posed for those capable of walking.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Well that's probably a fair point.

Your initial post however, did appear to focus on the inconvenience posed for those capable of walking.

It did and yes that is, at worst, an inconvenience. 

An inconvenience, though, that Im sure gives plenty of people an excuse not to go. In this day and age its below most peoples expectations

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

It did and yes that is, at worst, an inconvenience. 

An inconvenience, though, that Im sure gives plenty of people an excuse not to go. In this day and age its below most peoples expectations

Is there a great deal that can realistically be done about it?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Is there a great deal that can realistically be done about it?

Parking in general? I've no idea. Theres a bunch of allotments next to the ground, doubt anyone would miss those.

In terms of disabled parking, we were told there were limited spaces on North Isla street, but they are first come first served and fill up by about 1.30. I think they could definitely be doing a lot more than that.

I thought the point of this place was to have a good whinge about stuff not come up with solutions :lol:

Park in North Ellen Street. Rocked up at 7.30 on the night United played Hibs and got parked no bother. It's a 3 minute walk tops. The talk about a lack of parking is a nonsense there's plenty if you know where to go.

Eta: do this regularly too by the way. Still amazes me that people will circle around Clepington Street/Primary, Wolseley Street and Court Street looking for a spot.

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Parking in general? I've no idea. Theres a bunch of allotments next to the ground, doubt anyone would miss those.

In terms of disabled parking, we were told there were limited spaces on North Isla street, but they are first come first served and fill up by about 1.30. I think they could definitely be doing a lot more than that.

I thought the point of this place was to have a good whinge about stuff not come up with solutions :lol:

Absolutely.  I've never ever even suggested a solution for anything, let alone implemented such a thing.

I'm guessing you might have a point regarding disabled parking.  Otherwise, tough luck.  You can park near enough and old buggers need their allotments.  They're almost as joyous an urban sight as a football ground.

Allotments that is; not old buggers.

48 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Do they really need two grounds in such close proximity?

Surely NCP would make an offer to the smaller club.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Park in North Ellen Street. Rocked up at 7.30 on the night United played Hibs and got parked no bother. It's a 3 minute walk tops. The talk about a lack of parking is a nonsense there's plenty if you know where to go.

Eta: do this regularly too by the way. Still amazes me that people will circle around Clepington Street/Primary, Wolseley Street and Court Street looking for a spot.

It fucking drives residents batty too.

Ive came close to losing my shit a few times trying to get the kids out of the car whilst double parked and folk are right up your arse.

Doesn't help half the fuds that try and park here don't know how to park properly either

I don't think the parking is that bad at Tannadice or Dens(it does help if you know where to go). I'd echo the suggestion of the car park across from the Snug.

I'm definitely a fan of stadiums where you have to search for parking and end up some strange road before winding your way through random streets on the way to the ground. It is definitely one of the quirks of Scottish football I enjoy.

The disabled parking is fairly decent I thought? The cars on North Isla Street past the bollards is for people with badges is it not? It's a decent space and can hold a fair few cars.

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

No, I meant the opposite end of the ground where the away end is. Although, to be fair Ive no idea how easy it is to park around there. How far down Sandeman Street do they close off?

Those streets are half a mile away! For a Premiership stadium the parking is rubbish, especially when theres another one literally a stone throw away. It would take less time to walk between the two stadiums than it would to your car.

Is there parking in the Primary school? Pretty sure we've parked there before for Dundee games

Away teams are getting moved around this season depending on the support. Right enough if it's your expectation to be able to park right on the doorstep then you'll be disappointed.

'Less time to walk between the two stadiums'. :lol: What an observation.

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

There's specifically allocated disabled parking immediately outside the ground on North Isla Street.  

Edit: I see you've already ready mentioned North Isla Street. There's space for about thirty cars at least, probably more. The suggestion that it's full by 1.30 doesn't sound right either. There's still folk parking there when I pass at quarter to three most games.

Do they really need two grounds in such close proximity?
Surely NCP would make an offer to the smaller club.

I was wrong. This IS the place for solutions.
It fucking drives residents batty too.
Ive came close to losing my shit a few times trying to get the kids out of the car whilst double parked and folk are right up your arse.
Doesn't help half the fuds that try and park here don't know how to park properly either

I hadn't even thought of residents. You won't even get a break like you would at most other grounds.
There's specifically allocated disabled parking immediately outside the ground on North Isla Street.  
Edit: I see you've already ready mentioned North Isla Street. There's space for about thirty cars at least, probably more. The suggestion that it's full by 1.30 doesn't sound right either. There's still folk parking there when I pass at quarter to three most games.

I'm just quoting what I was told by the club before the first game of the season - first come first served and usually full by 1.30.

To be honest, that did seem strange as I doubt that many home fans turn up that early.

If what you say is true then maybe the issue isn't with the parking but the information from the club.

Archived